PDA

View Full Version : Male Female Names...

Mudderoy
05-07-2009, 09:59 AM
My 21 year old son was dating this girl (and keeping it under the radar). My wife suspected that he had a girl friend and she's the type that asks questions. When Shaun would leave to go somewhere he had to tell us what he was going to go do and when he would be back. He told my wife that he was going somewhere with his friend, she wanted to know the friend's name. Shaun told her Alex. A month or so later we found out Alex was a girl. lol

So now he has a NEW friend. We were teasing him about her (main reason he keeps things under the radar) and we were asking him if her name was Chris, or Sam. You know some names that could be either male or female.

Thanks to my experience here I was able to come up with one I hadn't thought of previously, Mel!

Oh I found out about this latest friend, because my son and I had a discussion the other night that upset him, so he asked if he could go over and "talk" with his friend. I agreed even though it was very late. Well that night it rained very hard. His "friend" lives in the only area in Katy that floods, so his car was in water up to the stick shift (Honda).

After he got it towed home, and we got it to the shop, it was running but it died and he couldn't get it started. He had to call me for help. Yep it died at his "friends" house. lol

Poor kid.

DETOURS
05-07-2009, 11:01 AM
I've dated 2 girls with sinominous male names, married another.......that did'nt last long........sticking with ladies with lady names.....

Mudderoy
05-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Good heads up for our single, or soon to be, single members! :smiley-laughing021:

DETOURS
05-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Mehh.....whats in a name?
Personally, I enjoyed each and every one of them.... :headbag:

Mudderoy
05-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Mehh.....whats in a name?
Personally, I enjoyed each and every one of them.... :headbag:

:worthlesspics:

Melissa
05-07-2009, 01:07 PM
My mother's name is Shawn

My grandma's name is Maxine, but everyone calls her max

You all know my name is Melissa but everyone calls me mel

I'd rather be called Mel than Missy, hate when I'm called Missy!

_StationWagon_
05-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Oh quit whining Missy!
:smiley-laughing021: :smiley-laughing021:

cher96
05-08-2009, 01:24 PM
My mother's name is Shawn

My grandma's name is Maxine, but everyone calls her max

You all know my name is Melissa but everyone calls me mel

I'd rather be called Mel than Missy, hate when I'm called Missy!

My name is Victoria... I go as Vicki

I hate it when people call me Vick!

Mudderoy
05-08-2009, 01:43 PM

lol, Vick makes me think of Vick Tayback (sp?) from the TV series "Alice".

DETOURS
05-08-2009, 02:38 PM
My mom used to rub Vicks on my head as a child, she said it would keep me from getting a head cold.......... :)

Mudderoy
05-08-2009, 02:56 PM
My mom used to rub Vicks on my head as a child, she said it would keep me from getting a head cold.......... :)

Well I hear out of work actors will do pretty much anything. :smiley-laughing021:

Melissa
05-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Oh quit whining Missy!
:smiley-laughing021: :smiley-laughing021:

lol, smart a$$!
My grandpa was the only person who got away with calling me Missy, he used to call me Missy Messy :headbag:

Victoria and Vicki are both pretty names, but I think I would have a problem as well if someone called me Vick.

firehawk
05-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Well you all could put up with what I'VE had to endure all my life.:headbag: You cannot come up with something I haven't heard making fun of my name.:D

Melissa
05-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Well you all could put up with what I'VE had to endure all my life.:headbag: You cannot come up with something I haven't heard making fun of my name.:D

It might be just me, but It never occured to me that your name was not a guys name.

I think it sounds sexy! :thumbsup:

(I didn't type your name, didn't know if you want it known to everyone)

Mudderoy
05-08-2009, 05:24 PM
I noticed it right away. I could feel myself warming up for a dig, or a joke, but the minor amount of maturity I have gained in the last 30 years made me control myself. :smiley-laughing021:

cher96
05-08-2009, 05:32 PM

This has gotten me really curious now as to what it is.....

Please, PM me and I promise I won't tell anyone. Please.

I'm sure it's not as bad as "The Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash is it?

DETOURS
05-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Well I hear out of work actors will do pretty much anything. :smiley-laughing021:

Ok, Im sooooooooo lost on this one, I.............dunno what to say......:headshake:

firehawk
05-08-2009, 05:55 PM
This has gotten me really curious now as to what it is.....

Please, PM me and I promise I won't tell anyone. Please.

I'm sure it's not as bad as "The Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash is it?

I have my Dad to thank for my name. I'm half Scottish and it is supposed to be what they called their "rulers" many moons ago.

It is Kim.:D I've been called Kim, Kimba, Kimbo, Kimberly, Kimberly Ann, etc.... It's impossible to insult me. I sort of find it funny when someone comes up with a new one.

BlueXJ
05-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Well I knew a guy while in the Navy that went by Kim and he was a huge guy and no one ever joked with him about his name. I think I remember him saying his formal name was a family name "Kimbal" but it has been so many years that my memories are not too clear any longer. I have no female acquaintances that were ever a Kim.

DETOURS
05-08-2009, 06:41 PM
I have my Dad to thank for my name. I'm half Scottish and it is supposed to be what they called their "rulers" many moons ago.

It is Kim.:D I've been called Kim, Kimba, Kimbo, Kimberly, Kimberly Ann, etc.... It's impossible to insult me. I sort of find it funny when someone comes up with a new one.

Kimsomofpantsonfire?
Ever here that one?......lol
I did a Gerry once.........okay, maybe 4-6 times...........but she sent me yellow roses when I called it off....so, musta been....o-k-doe-k...... :thumbsup:

cher96
05-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Kim is a wonderful name. I taught University in East Asia for 10 years and Kim is a popular man's name. Kim Suk is a very famous name over there. Now, I know someone is probably going to make fun of that name the way one would read Suk here. It's pronounced more like Suke there.

However, I can see why it can be a nuisance the way people can be so cruel.

firehawk
05-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Kimsomofpantsonfire?
Ever here that one?......lol

Uh... no that's a new one!:D

firehawk
05-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Well all I can say is it's different, not the run of the mill.....say....Mark....er oh sorry:D I meant to say Tony....oops....my bad.:smiley-scared002:

Funny thing is my name is Kim with the middle initial B. Here in Indy back in the early '80's there was a Kim D. with the exact same last name. And he was a guy too.:confused: He saw my name in the phone book and called me once. I had found out about him when Sears called and wanted to give him a credit card. When I said I was Kim B., they said oh....you want one?

Melissa
05-08-2009, 07:59 PM
A friend of mine is named Tim amd I tell you what don't ever call him Timy or ask if he has seen Lassie if you want to live.

I've gotten away with it very few times, but he has this thing about not kicking woman's a$$'s

xjjeepthing
05-08-2009, 08:27 PM
I know a girl named Michael

Mudderoy
05-08-2009, 08:28 PM
The next time you two are together and you hear a dog barking, yell to the barking dog...

"What's that girl? Timmy fell in the well?" :smiley-laughing021:

Melissa
05-08-2009, 09:52 PM
The next time you two are together and you hear a dog barking, yell to the barking dog...

"What's that girl? Timmy fell in the well?" :smiley-laughing021:

I've done that, It did not go over well :headshake:

Mudderoy
05-09-2009, 02:42 AM
I've done that, It did not go over well :headshake:

Well as long as you enjoyed it.

_StationWagon_
05-09-2009, 01:49 PM
I know a girl named Michael
So do I ... and she's a complete jerk.

BlueXJ
05-09-2009, 02:10 PM
So do I ... and she's a complete jerk off.

Well my name is Michael and I am a complete jerk too. Just ask my wife.

2000XJ
05-09-2009, 11:22 PM
I had a friend "Missy" back in high school... any reason you don't like that nickname Melissa?

On topic though, I haven't really had any friends with uni-sex names... I guess that sets me up for it to happen soon now that I said it.

Melissa
05-09-2009, 11:31 PM
I had a friend "Missy" back in high school... any reason you don't like that nickname Melissa?

On topic though, I haven't really had any friends with uni-sex names... I guess that sets me up for it to happen soon now that I said it.

Back in junior high I got called sissy missy and that lead to a fight which got me suspended for a week, ever since then I don't like that nickname
:headbag:

2000XJ
05-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Good reason.... I don't blame ya.