PDA

View Full Version : 30 gallon fuel tank

nismo5
04-28-2010, 09:18 PM
hey i was just at chico pick n pull the other day and found a xj in the yard with a aftermarket custom made steel 30 gallon fuel tank that mounts in the factory spot and even looked like the stock fuel pump fits in it and is held up by heavy duty straps and is stamped on the side that it is a legal approved tank
made by transflow in chico i think

it does hang down quite a bit farther than the stock tank or else i would have nabbed it but i just figured i would let yall know incase someone is building more of an expedition type of xj that would need to hold lots of fuel for extended trip i dont know how much they charge for a gas tank i didnt ask
it was pretty beefy lookin though just a heads up

Mudderoy
04-28-2010, 10:29 PM
hey i was just at chico pick n pull the other day and found a xj in the yard with a aftermarket custom made steel 30 gallon fuel tank that mounts in the factory spot and even looked like the stock fuel pump fits in it and is held up by heavy duty straps and is stamped on the side that it is a legal approved tank
made by transflow in chico i think

it does hang down quite a bit farther than the stock tank or else i would have nabbed it but i just figured i would let yall know incase someone is building more of an expedition type of xj that would need to hold lots of fuel for extended trip i dont know how much they charge for a gas tank i didnt ask
it was pretty beefy lookin though just a heads up

That sounds cool. I wish you had taken a picture.

4.3LXJ
04-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Hey Tom, sounds like something I want to nab. Thanks

Mudderoy
04-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Hey Tom, sounds like something I want to nab. Thanks

Yeah if it was cheap enough, I would have snatched that up. You know that must have cost a few dollars to build.

4.3LXJ
04-28-2010, 10:40 PM
There is an outfit in Ausiland that builds them.

http://www.aerotanks.com/veh/jeep.htm

nismo5
04-28-2010, 10:41 PM
yeah its made by transflow here in chico there aftermarket tank for a tundra was over $1000 on there website and pnp will sell it for the same price as a stock tank prolly under $100 its a great score im lookin to crawl a little more than travel long distance so i didnt need the extra weight :) if you wanna know where its at exactly shoot me a pm steve so you dont have to bend over a bunch of times i know you older guys:rotfl2::rotfl2:http://www.transferflow.com/