PDA

View Full Version : fan noise

alwaysxj
04-19-2010, 11:19 PM
so i just got this 01 that was totaled out in Dec 09 and rebuilt. the damage was not that bad just a inner fender, drivers fender, grill and hood.
they said nothing happened to the motor but they did have to replace the pulley for the belt. all the work was done right but not professionally just needs paint.
well i have had it for a couple of weeks now and the first time the fan kicked on it sounded like i had a compressor under the hood. but i don't. I was just siting their when it kicked on so i poped the hood and revved up the engine to see if it was the engine or the fan and it was the fan.
the fan looks new and everything is hooked up right.

is this a bad fan or a relay or what? it seems to not affect anything when it kicks on no burnings smells or anything out of the ordinary. the jeep runs just fine and sounds just fine tell the fan kicks on.

any help will be appreciated

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: sorry my daughter wanted me to add those she thinks they are funny looking.

4.3LXJ
04-19-2010, 11:54 PM
You might check to see the blades are all straight and that they are not hitting anything. When a blade hits a shroud, it can get really loud.

Mudderoy
04-20-2010, 06:47 AM
Are you talking about the electric fan? Those are about $100 from the local parts store and take about 15 minutes to install.

alwaysxj
04-20-2010, 08:39 AM
You might check to see the blades are all straight and that they are not hitting anything. When a blade hits a shroud, it can get really loud.

it is not hitting i know what that sounds it. this one sounds like when you have a arb compressor under the hood and it kicks on while you are on the trail.

i have had a compressor under the hood and it the best way to describe it.:smiley-scared002:

alwaysxj
04-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Are you talking about the electric fan? Those are about $100 from the local parts store and take about 15 minutes to install.

thank Mudderoy, that is what I am talking about. but you see you have to have the $100 first to go and get it to see if that is the problem. that is why i post here to see if i can find out if anyone has had this happen too them so i can see maybe what it is with out just going and spending money and hope it fixes it.:D

Mudderoy
04-20-2010, 08:46 AM
thank Mudderoy, that is what I am talking about. but you see you have to have the $100 first to go and get it to see if that is the problem. that is why i post here to see if i can find out if anyone has had this happen too them so i can see maybe what it is with out just going and spending money and hope it fixes it.:D

Well what I didn't mention is a radiator is more than $100 and when (if) that electric fan damages it you will not have the $265 you need to replace both.

You might want to remove the electric fan and examine it. Hmmm I seem to remember they sell just the motor for those things, then of course, there is always the junk yard.