PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure problem

urbantank
04-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Ok so i changed my oil and filter then we went to do a lil off roading got home the jeep sat for 2 days i have been riding my bike

I went out this morning and put new plugs in it and started it up let it run for a min went in the house. when i came out the jeep whut it self off so istarted it back up and noticed that my oil persure was hitting 80 so i shut it off checked all the fluids everything seems fine checked the conections they seem fine but it still hiting 80 i cant figure out why

Need some help please

Mudderoy
04-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Ok so i changed my oil and filter then we went to do a lil off roading got home the jeep sat for 2 days i have been riding my bike

I went out this morning and put new plugs in it and started it up let it run for a min went in the house. when i came out the jeep whut it self off so istarted it back up and noticed that my oil persure was hitting 80 so i shut it off checked all the fluids everything seems fine checked the conections they seem fine but it still hiting 80 i cant figure out why

Need some help please

Seems like I've heard about this before. If you never have changed the oil sensor it might be worth trying that.

urbantank
04-14-2010, 03:42 PM
I did the gauge check on it and now it is running at normal pessure

And it is killing me that the temp is runnin over 210 drives me nuts i got to fix that in a hurry and aslo put a tranny cooler on it also

muddinmikey
04-14-2010, 03:51 PM
what year is your cherokee i have a 1990 and just replaced the closed system with a open from a 1993 pretty easy swap to do but u will have to have cold air intake

Mudderoy
04-14-2010, 04:07 PM
what year is your cherokee i have a 1990 and just replaced the closed system with a open from a 1993 pretty easy swap to do but u will have to have cold air intake

In an effort to make it easier to answer people's questions we added a little feature that at least I think is pretty handy.

If you look just under the person's name in the post you'll see...

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/dropdowninfo.jpg

If you click on the little diamond it will drop down a box and show you all the information they have filled out about their XJ. It's hard to notice every little thing available on the site, so it's great that this gave me an opportunity to tell you about this feature as this will help you and other's that haven't notice it as well. :patriot:

urbantank
04-15-2010, 09:20 AM
and now its doing it again this moring

4.3LXJ
04-15-2010, 11:09 AM
You just need to replace your sensor. It is grounding out and telling the gauge that it is indeed 80 psi.

urbantank
04-17-2010, 07:23 PM
I checked it with a manuel gauge and it is reading normal so this means my sending unit has went bad glad its not th oil pump