PDA

View Full Version : HI!

Linda D
05-04-2009, 08:12 PM
I bought my jeep 4 years ago when I was working 3rd shift. Where we live there are alot of deer around. I have owned cars and trucks but never a jeep. Now I wouldn't have anything else. I am a short person and the other car lights blind me. Not in my jeep. Everyone tried to talk me into buying a 4door but I wanted a 2door. This is my jeep. Not mom's or grandmaws. I have 2 sons and 1 daughter. 29, 26, 23. My boys want to help me put a lift kit on it. I have some body work to fix where I hit one of those wonderful deer. lol. It messed the front up pretty bad. I didn't have comprehensive insurance at the time. Every thing I fixed I had to pay for. So the body work kinda got put on the back burner. I want to fix that too.

Audio222
05-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Well welcome and I think all our XJs need bodywork.

Melissa
05-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Hello and welcome from Oregon

I also have deer damage on the front end of my jeep.

Do you have pictures? we can compare and swap stories :D

JG-Man
05-04-2009, 09:47 PM
2 door XJs are cool, especially compared to 2 door CJs er, I mean Wranglers, because that whole convertible thing is overrated. You can never be sure someone won't be breaking in to take your stuff - or the Jeep itself. (At least here in the NY/NJ area)
I had a convertible Olds and a CJ-5 and usually only put the tops down on warm nights. Sunburn hurts and will give you Cancer anyway :)
Hope you continue to enjoy your Cherokee.

firehawk
05-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Welcome from Indianapolis.:D Sorry to hear about the damage though.:(

JG-Man
05-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Linda D, looks like Firehawk got even for ya. The deer (in Firehawk's album) finally agreed to call his insurance co. and cover the damage to your Jeep since it was really his fault. :sick0004:

Mudderoy
05-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Thanks for coming back. I know you registered some time ago. When you can please post up some pictures of your rig. Hitting deer seems to be very common. I recently replaced my factory bumper with a custom. I might still have some grill damage, but they won't get past my custom bumper. :D

xjjeepthing
05-05-2009, 06:24 AM
Welcome!!!!!

cher96
05-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Welcome

I'm a Mom with my last three still at home. I'm always exhausted! I've been building our Xj for the last 4 years. It's fun, however, purse strings run dry often. Enjoy your build. If you have any questions... post them up. Others and I will help if we can.

Mudderoy
05-05-2009, 01:09 PM
I can't believe how many woman are into Jeep XJ's. I think this is great!

cher96
05-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Women are usually much more thoughtful when it comes to Practicality.
An XJ is the perfect all around Family Workhorse. If one's Family lives in an Inclimate Location, has Children and their Carry Rounds, Run's Errands, buy's things from Groceries to Animal Feed and wants to be virtually Free to go anywhere, even Camping in the Deep Woods.... Nothing beats a Jeep Cherokee! Nothing! Why Jeep discontinued production was just plain nonsense! Try and use a Open Jeep with no Back Seat Space or Storage for all a Cherokee can do... Not Happening.

Really, I think Looks has a lot to do with it. :smiley-laughing021:

BlueXJ
05-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Hi Linda. As others have asked Pics would be nice. Include some of you and the family too if you like. We are all family oriented as well, Hell I am a grandpa.
Sorry to hear about the deer damage. Now we have to get you in the woods hunting to pay him back, revenge is sweet. Xjjeepthing, I and a few outhers are bow hunters so we are aslready trying to extract some revenge for ya!!

Mudderoy
05-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Women are usually much more thoughtful when it comes to Practicality.
An XJ is the perfect all around Family Workhorse. If one's Family lives in an Inclimate Location, has Children and their Carry Rounds, Run's Errands, buy's things from Groceries to Animal Feed and wants to be virtually Free to go anywhere, even Camping in the Deep Woods.... Nothing beats a Jeep Cherokee! Nothing! Why Jeep discontinued production was just plain nonsense! Try and use a Open Jeep with no Back Seat Space or Storage for all a Cherokee can do... Not Happening.

Really, I think Looks has a lot to do with it. :smiley-laughing021:

:sign0101:

The wife and I have wanted a Wrangler since we were both 18. In 1998 I went to go look at the Wranglers, I like what I saw (prices). My wife and I returned and I showed her what I found. I was looking at a black Wrangler with hardtop, standard transmission and the 6 cylinder. Tan interior I think. Anyway we went into the show room to talk to a salesman and we saw an ALL red Jeep Cherokee. They had more Grands in there, but personally I don't consider the grand an off road vehicle. More of a yuppie wanna be. HEY THAT'S JUST MY OPINION GUYS, if you like the grands enjoy.

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/Grands_Cherokee_Bisquits.jpg

Anyway red is our favorite color and since we had 2 young daughters at the time I asked her if she thought a four door might be better. We could always get a Wrangler later, when the girls were bigger.

Even though we both really wanted the Wrangler, we got the XJ instead. I had no idea how well built and go anywhere it was at the time. It has been a great vehicle and my plan is to keep it.

I'm hopeful that in the next couple of years we'll get that Wrangler, but it won't be a new one. 98+ and it will be the wife's full time vehicle. It will be fun building it up like the XJ. The neighbors will think we are even nuttier than they do now. lol Of course when another cat 5 hurricane is approaching and we can get out of town they might see the wisdom.

Corporations are only slight more intelligent than our government. :smiley-scared002:

Melissa
05-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Women buy's things from Groceries to Animal Feed

My jeep will carry 8 50lb bags of feed and two bales of hay in the back and 4 bags of groceries up front all at one time

:headbag:

2000XJ
05-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Welcome to XJT!

DETOURS
05-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Welcome, it's all about wheelbase! :thumbsup:

JG-Man
05-06-2009, 10:19 PM
I agree, I had a 1979 CJ-5, talk about NO Storage space and not much passenger room in the back either. Plus no security. And for us folks in the NYC area, that's a major factor that makes the Cherokee a clear winner! I couldn't even drive my CJ to work in an emergency for fear it would never come back (stolen or stripped).

I had a loaded '95 Grand as well as a '98 Cherokee, I loved them all better than the CJ (Wrangler) which I guess looked the coolest). The Cherokee is small enough to squeeze through tight trails like a CJ but can be used as a real "car" when you need it.:driving:

Audio222
05-06-2009, 10:34 PM
My jeep will carry 8 50lb bags of feed and two bales of hay in the back and 4 bags of groceries up front all at one time

:headbag:

OMG I just had a flashback to an old episode of Hee Haw. :smiley-laughing021:

COSXJFAN
05-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Welcome to XJT from COS!!:smiley-dance011:

Voldemort
05-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Hey hey hey

N1TZU
05-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the forum Linda from Maine....