PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Dip

firehawk
05-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Just thought I'd post this up since it is very tasty!

1-1.5 lb of hamburger
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 small block of Velveta Mexican Cheese
1 jar of salsa
1 can of corn

Brown the burger, add the taco seasoning, salsa and can of corn. Cut the Velveta cheese in small cubes (so it will melt faster) stir until the cheese is fully melted. You can make a burrito out of it, or just use tortia chips to dip it up. Mmmmm.... good!:D

Melissa
05-04-2009, 09:33 PM
ooohh, I gonna have to make some of that tomorrow.
I have never heard of Velvata mexican cheese, not the original velveta?

firehawk
05-04-2009, 09:37 PM
ooohh, I gonna have to make some of that tomorrow.
I have never heard of Velvata mexican cheese, not the original velveta?

You can use regular Velveta if you want. The Mexican Velveta has bits of peppers in it, but either will work.

If you do make it, let me know what you think.:rolleyes:

Melissa
05-04-2009, 09:45 PM
You can use regular Velveta if you want. The Mexican Velveta has bits of peppers in it, but either will work.

If you do make it, let me know what you think.:rolleyes:

I will let you know.

I am a velveta freak and will have to use that since I don't think I will be able to find the other out here in the sticks :D

Mudderoy
05-04-2009, 11:07 PM
I bet you can put the Rotel in it and accomplish something similar to the Mexican Velveeta cheese.

Melissa
05-04-2009, 11:22 PM
I bet you can put the Rotel in it and accomplish something similar to the Mexican Velveeta cheese.

Okay, now what is Rotel?

Mudderoy
05-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Lady you have a serious problem, or at least a serious treat coming...

http://www.ro-tel.com/index.jsp

Cheese dipping 101 is 2 pounds of Velveeta cheese and a can of RO TEL diced tomatoes and peppers.

Fritos and or a sturdy chip. Of course you can just break up a bunch of hamburger meat, season it and cook it and dump it in the cheese.

Or poor the cheese dip over Fritos and then dump the hamburger meat on top.

:drool:

It's also good on a baked potato

Melissa
05-05-2009, 12:00 AM
Lady you have a serious problem, or at least a serious treat coming...

http://www.ro-tel.com/index.jsp

Cheese dipping 101 is 2 pounds of Velveeta cheese and a can of RO TEL diced tomatoes and peppers.

Fritos and or a sturdy chip. Of course you can just break up a bunch of hamburger meat, season it and cook it and dump it in the cheese.

Or poor the cheese dip over Fritos and then dump the hamburger meat on top.

:drool:

It's also good on a baked potato

Okay now I see, I do have a can of diced tomatos with green chilies, but I had never heard of RO-Tel before.
See I learn new things every day :smiley-scared002:

BlueXJ
05-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Ro-Tel is a brand like Libbies or Green Giant. They are based very close to my home.I see their tractor trailers all the time. Good quality.

xjjeepthing
05-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey Kim, I'm gonna make this with Venison or Buffalo. Ever try it.

firehawk
05-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey Kim, I'm gonna make this with Venison or Buffalo. Ever try it.

No I haven't, should be good though. I try to keep the venison burger for burgers, or chili.

I DO know venison is NOT good in Hamburger Helper. :headshake: BTW, where are you getting buffalo at? It's real tasty!:thumbsup:

Melissa
05-05-2009, 06:48 PM
No I haven't, should be good though. I try to keep the venison burger for burgers, or chili.

I DO know venison is NOT good in Hamburger Helper. :headshake: BTW, where are you getting buffalo at? It's real tasty!:thumbsup:

Buffalo tasts ALMOST as good as Longhorn but not quite :smiley-taunt013:

xjjeepthing
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Theres a buffalo farm in Bremen about 10 miles from me. They raise, sell and process it all on site

firehawk
05-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Theres a buffalo farm in Bremen about 10 miles from me. They raise, sell and process it all on site

Hummm....another reason to have to come up there I guess.:D

Mel, does longhorn taste that much different than other beef?:confused: A stable where my wife used to keep her horses has several longhorn's out in a pasture there. I don't know if she keeps them as "pets" or if she has them butchered.

Melissa
05-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Hummm....another reason to have to come up there I guess.:D

Mel, does longhorn taste that much different than other beef?:confused: A stable where my wife used to keep her horses has several longhorn's out in a pasture there. I don't know if she keeps them as "pets" or if she has them butchered.

Oh yes, much leaner and very tender. After eating Longhorn, I can not go back to eating regular beef it tastes funny to me. It kind of tastes like a cross between Elk and Buffalo but not as gamey, does that make sense?

firehawk
05-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Yeah makes sense to me. Elk is VERY good!