PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Houston and surrounding area Jeepers!

Mudderoy
03-30-2010, 09:50 AM
I've been discussing with a few local xjtalk members about doing a little more here locally to promote xjtalk. It would be good for us Houston folks because we could have more people to go wheeling with.

After Krypto and I met at a local Sam's Club parking lot and several people were gawking at our Jeeps, I thought it might be a perfect situation to get interested people to stop, ask a few questions and perhaps get them to join xjtalk.

Having more people to post wouldn't be a bad thing for all of us. ;)

So if you are in the Houston area let me know if you would be interested in coming out for 2 or 3 hours. The idea here would be to get as many XJ's together as possible so people would be more likely to stop by and see what's going on.

Right now we are thinking about the 4 wheel drive parts on 1960. I still need to contact the manager and see if we can, but I'm sure we can find somewhere, even if we just gather at Sam's and they ask us to leave. :rotfl2:

So if you are interested in coming out on a weekend day, probably a Saturday, for 3 or 4 hours post here.

You don't have to be a Houston area Jeeper. If you want to drive 20 hours to attend I don't care, come join us! :D

The weekend day, and date are still open. I'm thinking soon though.

rguignard
03-30-2010, 10:00 AM
im in just say the day :thumbsup:

cmclain33
03-30-2010, 11:11 AM
I am in where and when ? there is a parking lot at 2920 and 45 across from the uhaul place, in spring and i know the owner of the security company who patrols it and i am pretty sure i can get permisson to hang out. they have hot rod gathering and R/C racing there what do you guys think?:driving:

Mudderoy
03-30-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm looking at two things. Where can we go that we'll be highly visible to a lot of traffic, and is it closer that 50 miles from my house! :rotfl2:

rguignard
03-30-2010, 11:52 AM
I am in where and when ? there is a parking lot at 2920 and 45 across from the uhaul place, in spring and i know the owner of the security company who patrols it and i am pretty sure i can get permisson to hang out. they have hot rod gathering and R/C racing there what do you guys think?:driving:

i was there on sun went to look it the r/c cars with my son

XJ Rat
03-30-2010, 12:37 PM
I am in.
Any Saturday. But 4-24 I am comitted until 1PM...on the North side of town.

Mudderoy
03-30-2010, 12:42 PM
I am in.
Any Saturday. But 4-24 I am comitted until 1PM...on the North side of town.

That's great! Hey that reminds me. I might bring my OBDII and laptop and record some data from your 1998 so I can compare it to my data.

Yep we're having a company function on the 24th. I'm thinking of something before then though. This weekend I have the Easter thing on Sunday.

cmclain33
03-30-2010, 03:51 PM
what time this sat? Semper Fi Bro

Mudderoy
03-30-2010, 04:08 PM
what time this sat? Semper Fi Bro

Well don't know yet. May be Saturday, may be Sunday, and the time is open. That's part of the reason for the post. Everyone throw in your ideas of days, dates, and times.

I think this weekend might be a little soon, but maybe the 4-10, or 4-11?

XJ4IV
03-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey I have a suggestion, Why dont we have this gathering at a sonic, we did this with another jeep club and the turn out was great not to mention the perks of a little discount on food and having TONS of spectators as well. Think of it this way if you see a few jeeps at your local 4wheel drive place people would think they were just customers where as if you have it at a sonic it would turn WAY more heads and people wouldnt feel out of place about being there when they just wanna look.
I would be willing to head this up and make the arrangements to have this gathering but the only catch is I would have it in the katy area as that close to me.
Muddy I know you also head up the TJ site as well so perhaps we can just make it a general jeep gathering... we aint biased... unless your in a hummer LOL anyhow the more the better and the more opportunity the manager will let us do it repeatedly over the summer months. Please let me know and also yeah apparently im in for this endeavour

XJ4IV
03-30-2010, 05:51 PM
here is a link to the thread for the one I did in plano I think there are pics as well... I hosted this myself

http://lsjc.org/board/showthread.php?t=31281&highlight=cruise

XJ4IV
03-30-2010, 05:57 PM
pics are on page 12 1nd 13

XJ4IV
03-30-2010, 08:45 PM
lets shoot for the tenth on saturday I can make arrangements if everyone can agree on this... Muddy whats the story on inviting our round lighted brethren can we all get along good enough to have "Just Empty Every Pocket" party? I am down and it would give opportunity to have inter-mingling you know everything from the control arms forward are the same on both jeeps... half my front end is TJ stuff anyhow lol

Mudderoy
03-30-2010, 11:04 PM
lets shoot for the tenth on saturday I can make arrangements if everyone can agree on this... Muddy whats the story on inviting our round lighted brethren can we all get along good enough to have "Just Empty Every Pocket" party? I am down and it would give opportunity to have inter-mingling you know everything from the control arms forward are the same on both jeeps... half my front end is TJ stuff anyhow lol

If you mean the Wrangler/CJ folks, personally I love Wrangers/CJs. I'll leave that up to the majority though.

cmclain33
03-31-2010, 12:19 PM
sounds good i will bring a fellow whose TJ i lifted for him. he would love to come.

XJ4IV
03-31-2010, 05:36 PM
yeah all round lights are welcome too

Mudderoy
03-31-2010, 06:22 PM
yeah all round lights are welcome too

Not all. I mean Compass, Liberty, etc? How about anything with a front axle that has Jeep on it? :D

prcjeep
03-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Hey ya'll, im in... I'm in the willowbrook area and having this in Katy or somewhere on 1960 works. All jeeps sounds good! The more the merrier!

XJ4IV
03-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Not all. I mean Compass, Liberty, etc? How about anything with a front axle that has Jeep on it? :D

yeah this is true... limited to ... wheeling potential vehicles... cause I think patriots aare front wheel drive lol which means they have two front axles as well as a rear axle... so yeah a jeep that can wheel! Ive seen some nice liberty's however I have also seen what happens to a mildly setup one as well...

rguignard
04-01-2010, 08:49 AM
all non front wheel drive jeeps :thumbsup: muddy can you post this on the other website ?

Mudderoy
04-01-2010, 09:20 AM
all non front wheel drive jeeps :thumbsup: muddy can you post this on the other website ?

I can if everyone is okay with non XJ's attending. I like the idea.

XJ4IV
04-01-2010, 12:35 PM
So far we are OK with it... just run it and can I get a vote if anyone wants me to take on this responsibility of organizing the event? I need to get started and also Muddy I need to see about getting some kind of flyers for your tj site and the xj site so I can start posting on vehicles... don worry I will put them on enthusiasts vehicles

Mudderoy
04-01-2010, 04:33 PM
So far we are OK with it... just run it and can I get a vote if anyone wants me to take on this responsibility of organizing the event? I need to get started and also Muddy I need to see about getting some kind of flyers for your tj site and the xj site so I can start posting on vehicles... don worry I will put them on enthusiasts vehicles

Wow I appreciate the thought, and the implied effort, but this is just a get together. No prizes, stickers, drinks, food, etc... Just hanging out and seeing if people want to stop by shoot the breeze and find out about a cool website(s).

What would the flier say? Come look at our Jeeps?

xj4life2
04-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Wow I appreciate the thought, and the implied effort, but this is just a get together. No prizes, stickers, drinks, food, etc... Just hanging out and seeing if people want to stop by shoot the breeze and find out about a cool website(s).

:smiley-laughing021::rotfl2::smiley-laughing021:

XJ4IV
04-01-2010, 05:05 PM

No I mean marketing in general for the website not for the gathering.
I dont have to include prizes or anything but if youd like to do it at a 4x4 shop you can but to include food and beverage would encourage people to stay longer and draw an even bigger crowd

Mudderoy
04-01-2010, 08:04 PM
No I mean marketing in general for the website not for the gathering.
I dont have to include prizes or anything but if youd like to do it at a 4x4 shop you can but to include food and beverage would encourage people to stay longer and draw an even bigger crowd

Oh if I had a $10k budget, hell if I had a $1k budget maybe, but all I got is this website. I guess the fliers wouldn't be expensive, I just hope people don't toss them and someone contacts me about littering. I better do some research before you start putting things on people vehicles. Love that enthusiasm though.

XJ4IV
04-02-2010, 08:03 AM
tell you what You get something together cause Im not very computer savvy something with the logo's (both sites) and the web address and also mention that its totally free and send it to me and I will Print of a few hundred and everytime I see a nice rig I will post one for them lets make it kinda small like 1/4 page or even smaller like business card size.

Mudderoy
04-02-2010, 08:59 AM
tell you what You get something together cause Im not very computer savvy something with the logo's (both sites) and the web address and also mention that its totally free and send it to me and I will Print of a few hundred and everytime I see a nice rig I will post one for them lets make it kinda small like 1/4 page or even smaller like business card size.

Sweet deal. Before you spend any money on anything let me know the cost and I'll see if I can pay for it, or at least go in on it.

xj4life2
04-02-2010, 05:31 PM
not sure about Texas but here in Ca you must have an outdoor advertising permit or it is littering

XJ4IV
04-03-2010, 08:36 PM
no not here in texas... but like he said you COULD get popped on littering if people just toss it on the ground But you can post on a vehicle just not vandalize. I HATE when people put crap on my windshield that has no relation to me like the other day an indian restaraunt and then yesterday for a pool store...

I will let you know the cost but It wont be much and its something Im willing to do to help the growth of the site as Im interested in getting some local love going!!!

prcjeep
04-03-2010, 09:46 PM
XJ4... send me whatever you come up with... Ill print out about 50 or so on some nice gloss looking paper at work and post them up too

rguignard
04-04-2010, 09:45 AM
XJ4... send me whatever you come up with... Ill print out about 50 or so on some nice gloss looking paper at work and post them up too

i would like to have some here in conroe too theres some nice lifted xjs running around that i would like to get on here :thumbsup:

XJ4IV
04-05-2010, 10:06 PM
I was asking muddy to creaTe something as I have no computer artistic abilities

XJ4IV
04-06-2010, 06:21 AM
Ill see if I can create something late today after work but have we even decided on a date?

Mudderoy
04-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Ill see if I can create something late today after work but have we even decided on a date?

Well we need to decide on a place, then find out if/when it is available, right?

rguignard
04-06-2010, 08:31 AM
let me get my jeep back first :smiley-laughing021::thumbsup::eek:

XJ4IV
04-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Well we need to decide on a place, then find out if/when it is available, right?
I thought you wanted to try it at some 4x4 shop on 1960 or something like that
but anyhow I can probably pull together a meet at a sonic on short notice but the time we need most precious is for our GUESTS to make plans... I gotta find a place to store my doors that day WOOOOHOOOOOOOO its summer and time to take off body parts

XJ4IV
04-06-2010, 05:29 PM
I've been discussing with a few local xjtalk members about doing a little more here locally to promote xjtalk. It would be good for us Houston folks because we could have more people to go wheeling with.

After Krypto and I met at a local Sam's Club parking lot and several people were gawking at our Jeeps, I thought it might be a perfect situation to get interested people to stop, ask a few questions and perhaps get them to join xjtalk.

Having more people to post wouldn't be a bad thing for all of us. ;)

So if you are in the Houston area let me know if you would be interested in coming out for 2 or 3 hours. The idea here would be to get as many XJ's together as possible so people would be more likely to stop by and see what's going on.

Right now we are thinking about the 4 wheel drive parts on 1960. I still need to contact the manager and see if we can, but I'm sure we can find somewhere, even if we just gather at Sam's and they ask us to leave. :rotfl2:

So if you are interested in coming out on a weekend day, probably a Saturday, for 3 or 4 hours post here.

You don't have to be a Houston area Jeeper. If you want to drive 20 hours to attend I don't care, come join us! :D

The weekend day, and date are still open. I'm thinking soon though.

This place I guess... where is it on 1960

XJ4IV
04-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Ok guys so here is our advertisement... I just need to figure out how to get it smaller to fit onto a Business card

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo167/seivey/XjTalkJeep-2.jpg

Mudderoy
04-07-2010, 12:07 AM
http://xjtalk.com/images/special/XjTalkJeep-2-small.jpg

cmclain33
04-07-2010, 07:03 AM
so have we decided a date and time?

prcjeep
04-07-2010, 04:54 PM
http://xjtalk.com/images/special/XjTalkJeep-2-small.jpg

I like this... I'm doing some prints now to see how to make it best... I'll print some out before i leave work...

Mudderoy
04-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Where we going to meet guys?

prcjeep
04-07-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm down to meet wherever...(in houston)
I made about 50 or so business card size front and back "flyers" with the logo you provided Mudderoy. PM me your address and ill send you some so you can see and post up if you like them:D

XJ4IV
04-07-2010, 09:45 PM
prc did you use the one I made? its the one shown above... if so Can I get a few business cards There is a guy around here that will do 1000 cards for $65 and I think Im willing to make that kinda like a donation for the forum

prcjeep
04-07-2010, 09:58 PM
prc did you use the one I made? its the one shown above... if so Can I get a few business cards There is a guy around here that will do 1000 cards for $65 and I think Im willing to make that kinda like a donation for the forum

My mistake... For some reason I thought Mudd made them... I noticed it was your jeep though... I can send some to you too... PM me your address

prcjeep
04-07-2010, 10:00 PM
they aren't too fancy... Took some work to get them to be front and back and not overlapping so when i cut them it didnt chop any part off...

Mudderoy
04-08-2010, 01:05 AM
I'm down to meet wherever...(in houston)
I made about 50 or so business card size front and back "flyers" with the logo you provided Mudderoy. PM me your address and ill send you some so you can see and post up if you like them:D

Yeah that's XJ4IV's logo, I just re-sized it for him.

rguignard
04-08-2010, 06:37 AM
this is a great idea if we use are own jeeps with are names on the cards then the jeep we put them on would know who to look for. i would be even willing to put my cell # on them and i think my jeep would look good on them as well :smiley-laughing021:but we do need to meet up some were im good this weekend but sat am im going to go get my exhoust fixed its leaking from the crash. 4wph works for me i might buy a winch :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
04-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Now I'm wondering if we should ask to hang out in the parking lot or just show up and hang out.

rguignard
04-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Now I'm wondering if we should ask to hang out in the parking lot or just show up and hang out.

well if we buy something i bet they would be ok with us hanging out :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
04-08-2010, 10:13 AM
well if we buy something i bet they would be ok with us hanging out :thumbsup:

This weekend is fine with me. We just need to see how that fits everyone else schedule's.

I can call 4wd parts and see if they care if we hang out in front of the store.

prcjeep
04-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Any update? I'm good pretty much all day tomorrow... But Sunday only from 11-2

Mudderoy
04-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Any update? I'm good pretty much all day tomorrow... But Sunday only from 11-2

Sorry guys I knew my wife's birthday was coming up, but I didn't do the math, it's tomorrow!

XJ Rat
04-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Has there been an announcement of when and where?

Mudderoy
04-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Has there been an announcement of when and where?

Nope. I think we're missing each other here on questions like when and where.

prcjeep
04-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Sorry guys I knew my wife's birthday was coming up, but I didn't do the math, it's tomorrow!

Tell her Happy Birthday from us here on XJTalk! and do the birthday dance! :smiley-dance011:

XJ Rat
04-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Tell her Happy Birthday from us here on XJTalk! and do the birthday dance! :smiley-dance011:

Birthday dance...this I gotta see!

rguignard
04-11-2010, 09:13 AM
4wheel parts is not open on sundays so its somewere besides there if its going to be on a sunday or its on a sat im good with eather i say lets go for next sat all for that post up or say when and were and lets see what every one thinks about it :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
04-11-2010, 09:56 AM
4wheel parts is not open on sundays so its somewere besides there if its going to be on a sunday or its on a sat im good with eather i say lets go for next sat all for that post up or say when and were and lets see what every one thinks about it :thumbsup:

Next Saturday should be fine. Lets pick a place and contact them to see if we can gather.

rguignard
04-11-2010, 08:46 PM
4 wheel parts or ??? maybe they have a ramp we can ck are junk :smiley-laughing021:

XJ4IV
04-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Hmmmmm quite the perdicament

XJ4IV
04-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Soooooooo tomorrow or what also where n what time

Mudderoy
04-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Soooooooo tomorrow or what also where n what time

I'm installing injectors maybe tonight, but prob tomorrow. Sunday I'm busy.
Next Saturday I'm busy. Besides we need to get the place called and confirmed more than a day in advance.

XJ4IV
04-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Hmmmm can I set one up??? Ill do it pretty fast

Mudderoy
04-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Hmmmm can I set one up??? Ill do it pretty fast

Sure. I don't have to be in charge of this.

XJ4IV
04-16-2010, 09:52 PM
consider it DONE and plan on next saturday evening and I'll kinda plan a little further north of here so we can get the cypress guy and the conroe RG guy and perhaps the spring guy... I'll also post this in two other jeep forums Im in.

Mudderoy
04-17-2010, 12:21 AM
consider it DONE and plan on next saturday evening and I'll kinda plan a little further north of here so we can get the cypress guy and the conroe RG guy and perhaps the spring guy... I'll also post this in two other jeep forums Im in.

I'm attending a function at my boss's house the 24th, Saturday evening so I will not be able to attend.

cmclain33
04-19-2010, 12:51 PM
24th and 25th no good for me either cookoff in new caney, be gone all weekend...come on out, look for spring creek cookers

XJ4IV
04-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Well CHRYSLER ok the FOLLOWING saturday then!!!

rguignard
04-19-2010, 07:19 PM
24th and 25th no good for me either cookoff in new caney, be gone all weekend...come on out, look for spring creek cookers

were in new caney ? i live close to there

rguignard
04-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Well CHRYSLER ok the FOLLOWING saturday then!!!

were at and what date do we have then ?

XJ4IV
04-19-2010, 09:39 PM
May 1st is the date and I will check the location can we all agree to meet say around highway 6 and 290 area? thats kinda middle ground for the houstonians it appears

Mudderoy
04-19-2010, 10:40 PM
May 1st is the date and I will check the location can we all agree to meet say around highway 6 and 290 area? thats kinda middle ground for the houstonians it appears

xjtalk MAY DAY!

cmclain33
04-20-2010, 07:05 AM
May 1st sounds good........ as far as the cook off it is at the fair grounds in New caney

XJ4IV
04-20-2010, 06:25 PM
sweet Ill locate a spot and take it from there...

rguignard
04-20-2010, 07:30 PM
let us know

Mudderoy
04-20-2010, 09:36 PM
let us know

I ready to get this done. Let's just decide and tell everybody when and where.

Once we have a place we can do it more often, hopefully.

XJ Rat
05-02-2010, 07:18 AM
The get together went well. Mudderoy took a lot of pics. Hopefully we will get to see some of them:)

Mudderoy
05-02-2010, 09:20 AM
I spent more time talking to people than taking pictures. I'll get more detail next time fellers.

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/xjtalk-sonic-may-1-001a-smal.jpg

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/xjtalk-sonic-may-1-004.jpghttp://xjtalk.com/images/special/xjtalk-sonic-may-1-005.jpg

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/xjtalk-sonic-may-1-002.jpg http://xjtalk.com/images/special/xjtalk-sonic-may-1-003.jpg

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/xjtalk-sonic-may-1-006.jpg

XJ4IV
05-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Cool pics there I think I only got two or three myself... today we are hanging by the pool so I will load them all later but thanks for taking SOME pics muddy ... NEXT TIME WE WILL HAVE MORE JEEPS AND MORE GREAT FOLKS!!!!!!!

cmclain33
05-03-2010, 03:47 PM
i had a good time as well. nice to know there are more of us outhere!! are we going to make this a monthly thing? don't forget may 22-23 reliant JEEP and Truck expo free addmision. maybe we could get together and roll up as a group... just a thought

XJ4IV
05-03-2010, 10:10 PM
i had a good time as well. nice to know there are more of us outhere!! are we going to make this a monthly thing? don't forget may 22-23 reliant JEEP and Truck expo free addmision. maybe we could get together and roll up as a group... just a thought

Yeah Im going to TRY to make this an every month occurence.. but something Id like to do in june is have a HUGE 4x4 cookout party at bear creek park at Clay road and highway 6 areanot just limited to jeep but bring anyone who is into 4x4's and see if we can dominate the whole park... who else knows how to have fun ... country folk with 4x4's and BBQ's

cmclain33
05-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Any idea when we are going to do a group ride? i thought someone sai somthing about Brazos.....let me know soon so i can plan around it can't wait

XJ4IV
05-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Any idea when we are going to do a group ride? i thought someone sai somthing about Brazos.....let me know soon so i can plan around it can't wait

I was HOPING to plan this for June but everybody is afraid to camp out in the heat... I need to get a concensus on this I guess Ill post a thread! Camping is fun ... we can bring drink for the camp fire and kiddos can roast marshmallows and we can make s'mores ... it'll be like old times without the corny campfire scary stories