PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Problems.

W.O.R.P.Offroad
03-25-2010, 02:49 PM
i have a 90 limited. i have a slow weak wiper. stops real easy and if windows are dry it wont even slid across them. i swapped the motor and assy out. it was used but worked great on the jeep it came off. i have done some searchin but nothin has came up with a sim prob. i have found some stuff about the lil silver "stalk" been bad and causein like the intermittin part go out or one of the speeds. mine does it in all speed and dont change. if i run one wiper its not as bad.

BlueXJ
03-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Check the grounds to the wiper motor and the steering column.

W.O.R.P.Offroad
03-25-2010, 03:45 PM
im goin to do the grounds and if thats not it i will build a new harness for it

BlueXJ
03-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Are the wiper transmissions worn out?

4.3LXJ
03-25-2010, 04:06 PM
I have to agree with the bad connections idea. Hook it up direct and see what happens. If you have intermittent wipers, pull the box out and plug the ends in and see how it works. You can always establish a new ground. Is the switch getting hot?

W.O.R.P.Offroad
03-26-2010, 12:00 PM
switch isnt gettin hot. im gettin good 12.4v. tried a second ground didnt help. ran a wire from the batt to the motor started workin fine. something in the power supply is shot. im just goin to make a new harness with relays and a toggle. i just have to pick up a new toggle. i have everything else. i could use the factory fog light toggle. i have all my lights wires up diff.

4.3LXJ
03-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Wipers wire up a little differently than other things. The low speed is always hot. When you turn on the wiper, it only energizes the park position. When you break the circuit then it stops there.

W.O.R.P.Offroad
03-26-2010, 07:43 PM
yeah i forgot about that til i wired them up. but oh well atleast the work now. i got wipers again. lol