PDA

View Full Version : Amp install

xj4life2
03-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Ok forst off let me say I do not nor have I ever done sterio's, That being said I have installed a new deck, new speakers and have the woofer and box w/amp ready to go. my qquestion is this . Has anyone found a good place to run the the 4ga wire through the firewall ? I want to down the passenger side and can't find a good place to do it with the heater box in the way. Any sugestions would be helpfull.
Thanks

96xj
03-23-2010, 11:58 AM
i had to make a hole and put a rubber boot on it ,it worked out good

xj4life2
03-23-2010, 03:26 PM
were did you find aspot to drill a whole i guess would be my question

flippedXJ
03-23-2010, 09:52 PM
well mine the previous owner has a wire ran for an amp which they came through the drivers side and crossed over under the dash to go under the carpet and they had thiers under the pass seat

wv jeeper
03-26-2010, 10:06 AM
I ran my amp wire through the same hole as the factory harness on the passenger side. It is right above the heater box and fuse box. This was on a 2000 so an older Jeep may be different. And I would recommend running your RCA cables away from all other wires or you will have engine noise playing through your speakers. Hope this helps.

prerunner1982
03-26-2010, 04:30 PM
If you remove the canister on the passenger side firewall you should find a hole. It may have a plug. I ran the amp wire through there... of course it doesn't do any good now that I quit running subs in the XJ.

Rysam
03-26-2010, 06:03 PM
I used an existing rubber plugged hole on the firewall by the back of the motor on the PS. I believe it is something for the hvac. I did have to poke a hole in the plug, there isnt one already. then under the trim on the PS to the amp under the back seat. I ran the RCA's and speakerwires under the trim on the DS.

If you still dont have it done I can stop by and let you see how I did it.

xj4life2
03-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the offer got it done over the weekend. My buddy John and I attacked it fri night, ended up going through the fender on the dr side then through a hole below where the Ant comes in. My fenders are cut and no liner so it really was a breeze and all wires are on the same side.Siliconed all the holes and we now have "bump" nothing annoying but good sound. Thanks again for the offer.