PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gear delayed reaction

xjmedic4x4
03-17-2010, 01:40 AM
good day sir muderroy good to be back and have friends like this site...got this problem again on my jeep cherokee 97 model ...delay in shifting the 2nd gear when on full stop engine got power but shifting to 2nd gear coming delayed...some mechanics suggest to replace the automatic gear box ....some are telling transmission problem ...which one should i do first...transmission oil was change and in a constant level ...once it shift to 2nd gear its running smoothly again but on full stop 1st gear and on full engine power it is coming delayed in shifting......god bless and all d best ...thank you.....

rguignard
03-17-2010, 06:26 AM
i just went through that with mine i ended up droping the pan and cleaning up the shift solenoids then i checked them with a 12volt battery put it all back together with a new filter and atf and i allso put some lubegard and mine works great :thumbsup:

heres some links for you to look at

http://www.lubegard.com/C-110/Transmission i used the red

Aw4 Manual - read free pdf i hope this link is ok to post ?:eek:

i hope this helps you out :thumbsup:

xjmedic4x4
03-17-2010, 09:41 AM
thanks for the info rguignard try to check my solenoid or else got to change my whole transmission. will keep you update what happens next on my xjjeep 97

rguignard
03-17-2010, 09:47 AM
thanks for the info rguignard try to check my solenoid or else got to change my whole transmission. will keep you update what happens next on my xjjeep 97

i put a trans in mine it was the 2nd trans that had the problem and its fixed now so good luck i bet you its the solenoids that are the problem :thumbsup:

xj4life2
03-17-2010, 02:29 PM
i put a trans in mine it was the 2nd trans that had the problem and its fixed now so good luck i bet you its the solenoids that are the problem :thumbsup:

I agree solinoids are the usual culprit here, you can go to a tranny shop and get new ones if need be