PDA

View Full Version : Standard trans swap

wv jeeper
03-01-2010, 12:59 PM
So my dad was at work and someone there is sellng a 99 XJ for 500 bucks because the wiring harness is shorted out. We are going to look at it this week and if we buy it I'm going to put the transmission and motor in my 2000 2 door since it is blown up. As far as I can tell I should be able to use the 99 transmission harness and plug it into my 2000 main harness. Any way I was wondering if anyone has done this or has any advice? Thanks! :driving:

Mudderoy
03-01-2010, 01:15 PM
So my dad was at work and someone there is sellng a 99 XJ for 500 bucks because the wiring harness is shorted out. We are going to look at it this week and if we buy it I'm going to put the transmission and motor in my 2000 2 door since it is blown up. As far as I can tell I should be able to use the 99 transmission harness and plug it into my 2000 main harness. Any way I was wondering if anyone has done this or has any advice? Thanks! :driving:

I'd like to see a picture of a $500 1999 XJ. :popcorn:

wv jeeper
03-01-2010, 03:37 PM
You would rather see my three hundred dollar one haha. It was wrecked pretty bad. But this one was a daily driver until it quit running. The owner owns a car garage and they couldn't fix it I guess? I know I can though because I have a wiring harness from my 300 dollar one for it. I guess mopar harnesses are a grand or more. :shocker:

flippedXJ
03-01-2010, 05:11 PM
it should work but dont forget to switch the computer too - shouldnt be to tough since you will have the whole xj to refer to for clutch peddle and everything

wv jeeper
03-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Yep thats what I'm hoping for but things never seem to work out as planned. I'll probably put an automatic I have laying around back in the 1999 and sell it for a decent profit.