PDA

View Full Version : nv231 & np231

96xj
02-26-2010, 09:37 AM
OK so i just got my rebuild kit and when i opened it the tag on the kit said for nv231, and i have a np231, i was just wondering if there is a difference between the two ? as far as the seals and bearings chain

Mudderoy
02-26-2010, 09:39 AM
OK so i just got my rebuild kit and when i opened it the tag on the kit said for nv231, and i have a np231, i was just wondering if there is a difference between the two ? as far as the seals and bearings chain

NP = New Process (I think)
NV = New Venture

Same company just changed their name.

Once a subsidiary of Daimler AG, New Process Gear (NPG) has a new name and a new owner. Formerly New Venture Gear, the company makes four-wheel-drive transfer cases, transmissions, transaxles, and other driveline products for the automotive industry. New Process Gear's former owner, DaimlerChrysler, and Canadian auto parts giant Magna International formed the joint venture in 2004. Daimler owned 20% of New Process Gear until 2007, when Magna bought out its stake to take full control. NPG won the contract to supply a new line of transfer cases for General Motors' next generation of pickup trucks and SUVs.

:link: (http://www.hoovers.com/company/New_Process_Gear/rfhfsji-1.html)