PDA

View Full Version : Look what showed up on my steps yesterday.

muddeprived
04-26-2009, 05:33 AM
It was a small rectangular box. Couldn't be long arms, or gas tank skid, and I know it's not the slimline rear bumper from detours cuz that's kinda big. What could it be?

Hmmm..........(WWIII Mud vs Steering box comes to mind).....AH HA!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/PIC-0011.jpg

A little late showing up but will be helpful in the future i'm sure.

muddeprived
04-26-2009, 05:39 AM
A description for those who are scratching their head wondering WTF is that?

:confused::confused:

Aero Kroil
The Oil That Creeps.

A scientific discovery reduces the surface tension so that this amazing solvent creeps into openings as small as one millionth of an inch. :cheerleader:

:eek:Danger: Contains petroleum distillates. Vapors may be harmful or fatal. Can enter lungs and cause damage. Use only with adequate ventilation. :smiley-talk024::smiley-talk024: If inhaled, remove to fresh air. :smiley-talk024::smiley-talk024: If not breathing give artificial respiration. :smiley-talk024::smiley-talk024:

ol"blue
04-26-2009, 09:28 AM
I've never heard of it it before. I feel left out. :(

BlueXJ
04-26-2009, 09:37 AM
You want to tell us how well that works. My dad had some of that brand of penetrating oil and I had forgotten about it. Where is your source info so that we may try it.

The stuff my dad had was in a can with a drip dispenser top.(like 3 in 1 oil) This seems to be areosol. Do they still make both types.

firehawk
04-26-2009, 11:10 AM
We USED to use a product called Tap Free at work. We use alot of stainless steel and if a bolt seizes up, this stuff was the best to get stuff to free up. Also worked great when tapping holes, hence the name.

You notice I said USED to use it.:mad0090: It was banned during the Clinton/Gore years. It contained florocarbons which AlGore decided was going to end life as we knew it.:smiley-scared002: So it was done away with.:thumbdown:

Another example of an blithering idiot making decisions for all of us.:thumbsup:

BlueXJ
04-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Al Gore's Coffee Mug.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll187/90BlueXJ/AlGoresMug.jpg

Melissa
04-26-2009, 01:04 PM

Me either :driving:

BlueXJ
04-26-2009, 01:21 PM

Me either :driving:

You have to be ancient to have heard of this stuff. It used to be the best penetrating oil in the arsenal of ours when I was a kid.

Audio222
04-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Is it really that good? Is it something everyone should have.

Amazon.com: Kano Aerokroil Penetrating Oil, 10 oz. aerosol: Automotive

Audio222
04-26-2009, 02:17 PM
We USED to use a product called Tap Free at work. We use alot of stainless steel and if a bolt seizes up, this stuff was the best to get stuff to free up. Also worked great when tapping holes, hence the name.

I used to be a marine technician (father in law owned the shop for 35 years) and people would not believe how much stainless steel will corrode up. In salt water your only friend is heat. I broke many stainless steel bolts. Thanks for the really bad memories.:D

2000XJ
04-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Definatley let us know how this works out for you. Could be worth having a can of it lying around.

Mudderoy
04-26-2009, 03:46 PM
It was a small rectangular box. Couldn't be long arms, or gas tank skid, and I know it's not the slimline rear bumper from detours cuz that's kinda big. What could it be?

Hmmm..........(WWIII Mud vs Steering box comes to mind).....AH HA!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/PIC-0011.jpg

A little late showing up but will be helpful in the future i'm sure.

Are you expecting a slimline bumper? If so, which one?

muddeprived
04-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Are you expecting a slimline bumper? If so, which one?

Sorry I meant the tailbone from detours. Got the names mixed up. :)

I bought the stuff on amazon.com. It comes in two applications, spray and liquid.

I recently learned about this stuff after talking with a fellow jeeper on another board who ran into the same steering box issues as mine. All three of his bolts snapped in the box and PB blaster failed, like it failed on mine. He bought this stuff, sprayed it on and waited a day. The bolts came out. I don't have anything to test it out on since I already traded my steering box in but i'm sure someday there will be a seized bolt or two....

DETOURS
04-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Reports are that that stuff is good! :thumbsup:

gearheadette
04-30-2009, 04:52 PM
penetrating oil

:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

BlueXJ
04-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Is it really that good? Is it something everyone should have.

Amazon.com: Kano Aerokroil Penetrating Oil, 10 oz. aerosol: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Kano-Aerokroil-Penetrating-Oil-aerosol/dp/B000F09CEA)

Thanks for the link Audio. I just bought some through that link.

zr2toxj
04-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Kroil is very good stuff. It works well with heat. The millwrights I worked with in the past used it a lot when we rebuilt turbine generators. They'd use an induction heater that would turn the bolts red hot, then sprayed them with Kroil.

I got many cans from them, but it's all gone now. Smells pretty strong, but works well.