PDA

View Full Version : Donation System

Mudderoy
02-01-2010, 12:20 PM
As many of you know there is a distinct desire for xjtalk stickers, but we just don't have the funds available right now. Several people have expressed an interest in purchasing their own sticker, but the problem is they must be ordered in bulk. The smallest order I have placed is 25 stickers. That costs about $55 and then there is the additional cost to mail them out.

Many of you have expressed an interest in donating a little money towards buying stickers for members.

To that end I have enabled the donation system. You'll see it just below the nav bar on the forums page. The donation system uses Paypal, and the money is sent directly to my personal account.

Oh and there is no pressure here about donating. If you want to fine, if not don't worry about it. The money will be used for stickers. If we get so many stickers that it would be foolish to buy more we'll look at either putting the money towards the expenses of the board, or perhaps purchasing a nice prize or two and have another give away! :patriot:

I like the second one best.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask.

rguignard
02-01-2010, 02:11 PM
what if you dont have paypal but you would still like to give some money ?

xj4life2
02-01-2010, 02:12 PM
I would love to donate but don't have Pay Pal..... Mabey a PO Box for donations.

Mudderoy
02-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Well a PayPal account is free and only takes a few moments to set up. If you just don't like the idea of putting your information out there, no problem, your wish to donate is more than enough. :patriot:

Mudderoy
02-01-2010, 02:17 PM
If you go to the main page or forums main page you should see the donation thingy just under chatbox. It the far right hand side it says "Donate Now". I think thats what it says. I saw it when I was logged in as you. See if you see it or I'm doing something else wrong. :rotfl2:

BlueXJ
02-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Found it and made a donation. Got an immediate e-mail telling me that my donation would be checked, but the area under the chatbox still says $0 donated.

Mudderoy
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Found it and made a donation. Got an immediate e-mail telling me that my donation would be checked, but the area under the chatbox still says $0 donated.

Thank you! No it's waiting on me, and I'm waiting on confirmation from PayPal. This is great as I get to test to see if it all works correctly.

Mudderoy
02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Did you receive a confirmation from PayPal? I'm not seeing it in the account.

rguignard
02-01-2010, 03:13 PM
we could allways meetup somewere like springcreek :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: and ill give you some money :thumbsup:

flippedXJ
02-01-2010, 03:22 PM
soon as I get some extra coin I will throw in

Mudderoy
02-01-2010, 03:26 PM
soon as I get some extra coin I will throw in

Very kind of you, especially with that picture of the crushed XJ right next to your post. rofl

Really though no one should feel that it something the HAVE to do.

BlueXJ
02-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Did you receive a confirmation from PayPal? I'm not seeing it in the account.

No that is strange. Checked my PayPal history and it is not there either. Exceedingly strange.

Should I try again?????????????

Mudderoy
02-01-2010, 03:36 PM
No that is strange. Checked my PayPal history and it is not there either. Exceedingly strange.

I tried sending myself a $1, but it told me when I logged in that I was the seller! So at least I know it was going to the right account. :smiley-laughing021:

It's up to you but you might want to hold off a day just to make sure. I can always send you $10 back if it goes through double.

You may want to try just sending $1. I would but I only have the one PayPal account.

flippedXJ
02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Very kind of you, especially with that picture of the crushed XJ right next to your post. rofl

Really though no one should feel that it something the HAVE to do.

oh no I know its not somthing I have to do - and as said with the crushed XJ its a trail truck so its gonna stay lookin pretty rough :thumbsup:

tbone
02-01-2010, 05:09 PM
That's a good idea, I'll send you a paypal on payday this week. :patriot:

Melissa
02-01-2010, 07:36 PM
count me in, found it, made my donation

Mudderoy
02-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Thank you so much guys. I didn't think we'd have enough donations to order stickers so quickly! So far I have one confirmation from PayPal.

I've made a special group call "Site Supporters!". So when you donate you get moved to that group.

Mudderoy
02-02-2010, 12:10 AM

Well two more people made donations and they are showing in my PayPal. I dunno. Something didn't work right with yours.

The good news is with the two that went through I can almost order stickers! Amazing! :patriot:

Melissa
02-02-2010, 12:11 AM
See Muddy, just goes to show how much your XJTalk site is loved

Mudderoy
02-02-2010, 12:15 AM
See Muddy, just goes to show how much your XJTalk site is loved

Very kind of you to say, but of course it's all of you that are really the reason why people may love the site. Everyone that jumps in makes comments and works toward having a fun interesting site.

I'm very proud to be a part of it.

My wife is really amazed, since I'm so ANTI-SOCIAL! :rotfl2:

Melissa
02-02-2010, 01:38 AM
hhmmm..............thats ironic..............I am usually anti-social too.

rguignard
02-02-2010, 06:23 AM
Very kind of you to say, but of course it's all of you that are really the reason why people may love the site. Everyone that jumps in makes comments and works toward having a fun interesting site.

I'm very proud to be a part of it.

My wife is really amazed, since I'm so ANTI-SOCIAL! :rotfl2:

hhmmm..............thats ironic..............I am usually anti-social too.

this is funny to me i talk just as much in person or more in person as i do on here :smiley-laughing021:

Mudderoy
02-02-2010, 08:52 AM
For me it has a lot to do with something in common to talk about. I enjoy talking to people (especially when I can learn things) when it is a subject I like.

Mudderoy
04-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Thank you very much for the donations guys, and gal! Donations are never required here, don't dare feel guilty if you don't donate. This is a free site. If you want to help out with a few dollars, I understand. I do the same with sites that help me save hundreds of dollars.

We now have several members that have donated twice! The highest amount donated by a single member has been $50! :patriot:

For all of you that are waiting for stickers, we'll be sending some more out Monday/Tuesday!

What a great group!