PDA

View Full Version : Credit cards and banks

Pink
01-29-2010, 03:14 PM
I know that this did not start yesterday but I fell that we as Americans have an obligation to stand up to the Banks and credit card companies. I see my self as a Republican but I do not agree with the way Republicans handle things in the House and Senate. Most recently the laws that were passed against credit card fees. This legislation was done for show! It made no difference and helped no one but them! In the end it is or responsibility to keep track of our money and which institution we use to handle it. There are alot of trick these companies use to make you do things you would not agree to do, you need to keep track of your balances, get rid of credit cards, and be more disciplined ( I mean withdraw money in bulk instead of using your debit cards). The reason we are in the trouble we are in is because as a country we have became lazy and let the banks and the Government control when and how we do things.

Melissa
01-29-2010, 07:45 PM
I agree

I do not own a credit card, got rid of those years ago, I do use my debit card, but I have three different registers, one with every purchase rounded up to the next dollar, one with my "safety net" deducted, and one with the actual true balance, sounds confusing, but works great for me.

flippedXJ
01-29-2010, 10:44 PM
I am personally working on getting rid of my credit cards myself - tired of the whole racket if we dont have the cash we dont get it plain and simple.

BlueXJ
01-30-2010, 02:38 AM
I am another with no credit cards. I use my debit card and check my balances everyday.

firehawk
01-30-2010, 07:54 AM
All the credit card companies did was RAISE interest rates BEFORE the new laws take effect in Feburary. The law should have been written that rates were to be frozen when the bill was signed.

For instance, I HAD a card with Discount Tire. I had around a $400 balance on it. I got a letter stating the interest rate was going up to 31.9%. I paid it off (of course) and told them I wanted a letter stating the account was closed and paid in full.

IMO I think the days of easy credit for the "average guy" are over. The credit card companies are weeding out the little guys. I have made it my mission for this year to get my debts paid off.

So much for the 'Bamster helping out the middle class huh? Hope and Change my ***!

LizardRunner
09-27-2011, 11:05 AM
I think everyone didn't understand when Obama said "It's time for a change" he was not talking about a change for the better, he was talking about a change for the wealthy to be allowed to do as they wanted. Note the Bail outs of the Banks and Mortgage companies, most of that money went directly into the upper eschelon pockets in the form of Bonus money. Nothing a president does is aimed at the Majority of the people. It will always be aimed at the wealthy, they run the country because none of the sheeple will bother to vote out those already in office. The real change must come from the masses in the form of voting out all encumbents and never re electing anyone who has held office for one or two terms. That will be when the Change comes. Unfortunately, this will most likely never happen because the masses are sheeple.