PDA

View Full Version : Chat box

Mudderoy
01-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Ok I've had a couple of members ask me to do some things with the chatbox.

If you don't know what the chatbox is, it may be that you are not authorized to SEE it. You have to have 100 posts before you can use chatbox. If your name is ORANGE you should be able to see and use chatbox.

Chatbox is exactly that, a place where you can chat with people that are on the xjtalk site. The messages stay so check the date and time of the post before you get upset when someone doesn't answer you right back.

I am doing an experiment. I have placed the chatbox at the top of several pages. I really need your feedback on chatbox. I need to know if that is just too much chatbox, or not enough. "I NEED MORE CHATBOX" comes to mind.

If you don't have 100 posts, then get busy. :rotfl2:

BlueXJ
01-29-2010, 10:49 AM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h214/lindseycoyne/achriswalkien.jpg

Mudderoy
01-29-2010, 02:24 PM
We are having a FREE CHATBOX weekend!

Ok it's always free, but normally you have to have 100+ posts to have access to chatbox, but this weekend (starting now) all registered members have access to chatbox!

Yes, it's sorta like the FREE HBO weekends on cable/sat... :D

Chatbox access will go back to normal Monday (Feb 1st) :(

Mudderoy
01-29-2010, 02:47 PM
You type in your messages where you see "You type your message here!" in the image of chatbox below.

Just type in your message and press the ENTER key on your keyboard.

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/chatboxhelp.jpg

finneys98xj
01-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Is there any way I can turn the box off all together. It slows the computer down a whole heck of a lot. Since you added it to everything it taking twice as long to load a page with it. I know it aint my computer cause all my other sites I surf still load in a blink of an eye.

Mudderoy
01-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Is there any way I can turn the box off all together. It slows the computer down a whole heck of a lot. Since you added it to everything it taking twice as long to load a page with it. I know it aint my computer cause all my other sites I surf still load in a blink of an eye.

Hey thanks for the feedback, it's important. I can create a user group that doesn't have access to it.

I'd like to hear from some more people about this. Anyone else having a load time issue?

Melissa
01-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Mine is a little slower as well, but nothing I worry about, so not an issue to me

tbone
01-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Mine seems to be working fine, no trouble. Love the chatbox. :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
01-31-2010, 05:13 AM

Ok I have removed you from the chatbox. Can you confirm that you are no longer able to see it?

finneys98xj
01-31-2010, 07:54 AM
I still most of them but not all of them. And the page loading time has in proved alot.

Mudderoy
02-01-2010, 09:29 AM

Ok I found the error. I was using your name I needed to use your user id (which is a number). You shouldn't see chatbox anywhere on the site now.

Mudderoy
02-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Free chatbox weekend is over.

If you do not have 100, or more posts, you will not see chatbox. I hope all that wanted to play with chatbox had a chance. We'll be doing more free chatbox in the future. :patriot:

flippedXJ
02-01-2010, 03:24 PM
gotta work on that 100 posts - I like to chat ;P

Mudderoy
02-01-2010, 03:28 PM
gotta work on that 100 posts - I like to chat ;P

Please do, of course that was the point of the FREE chatbox weekend. :shocker:

The chat thing is fun. You get to know people better.