PDA

View Full Version : Not again !!

Melissa
04-24-2009, 06:19 PM
:mad0090: While trying to obtain a picture for another thread I ran across this

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/melreese83/HPIM0508.jpg

It's a freakin crack on the head. I just had this head machined and put back in at the end of January, not happy.

It's only a hairline crack and is is not doing any harm YET, but I am so ticked right now that I want to throttle someone.
I am already fighting the idiot I bought the motor from because he guarnteed this motor, I had it put in and then I had to go back and have the head done. I don't need this to worry about too. :mad0090:

Edit: For those who didn't know I replaced my original motor when my water pump froze at 270,000 miles causing my motor to over heat and crack the head in half. Bought the donor motor guarnteed excellent runner and with only 98,000 miles on it instead of just replacing the head on my original motor (because of the high miles on mine and the low miles on the donor)

Okay rant off for now.

BlueXJ
04-24-2009, 07:13 PM
WoW that sux. I am sorry to hear that but at least you caught it in time to keep n eye on it and not overheat.

muddeprived
04-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Could that be from the nut being too tight?

Mudderoy
04-24-2009, 08:14 PM
http://www.gearheadjeep.com/

Melissa
04-24-2009, 09:40 PM

Not sure, I am going to have it checked out. I would have thought that a mechanic would know better than to make it too tight :eek:

http://www.gearheadjeep.com/

Are you telling me just to get another motor? :smiley-scared002:

BlueXJ
04-24-2009, 11:40 PM

Hey don't be callin' her a nut!!!

Mudderoy
04-25-2009, 01:37 AM
Not sure, I am going to have it checked out. I would have thought that a mechanic would know better than to make it too tight :eek:

Are you telling me just to get another motor? :smiley-scared002:

I'm telling you what your cheap *** should have done to start with. :smiley-laughing021:

Melissa
04-25-2009, 01:58 AM
I'm telling you what your cheap *** should have done to start with. :smiley-laughing021:

Okay I was cheap :headbag:
I looked at crate motors, but really couldn't bring myself to buy one at that price, so I opted cheap. Looking back I would have had the same amount or less money into a crate motor installed instead as I do with the used motor bought and installed, MY BAD :boohoo:
I book marked that link and will buy a crate motor when and If I have to.

Mudderoy
04-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Okay I was cheap :headbag:
I looked at crate motors, but really couldn't bring myself to buy one at that price, so I opted cheap. Looking back I would have had the same amount or less money into a crate motor installed instead as I do with the used motor bought and installed, MY BAD :boohoo:
I book marked that link and will buy a crate motor when and If I have to.

Yeah at this point a brand new head would be cheaper than a crate motor. Surely this head has some kind of warranty?

Melissa
04-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Yeah at this point a brand new head would be cheaper than a crate motor. Surely this head has some kind of warranty?

I am looking into that, I believe it had at least a 90 day warranty which turns out today or rather yesterday was day 90 :mad0090:

I am praying that I am wrong and it is still under warranty, otherwise I will buy a new head and have it ready to go when I need it.

Here is another question, when I replace the radiator and get rid of my leak will that cause more stress on the head, and could it cause the head to crack even more? Or am I just being paranoid?

Mudderoy
04-25-2009, 02:24 AM
I'm going to leave this one to the people that have dealt with this problem before but as far as cracks go I'm thinking this is a minor one. I'm thinking this is a area where it will make little or no difference.

I need to see a picture of a head without a valve cover.