PDA

View Full Version : Wrench-A-Thon / BBQ

xxmidianxx
01-08-2010, 10:42 PM
I am hosting a wrench-a-thon and BBQ at my house next month. Feb. 20th and 21st to be exact. I have people from all over Texas coming to join in on the fun. I am doing a rebuild on my XJ (long arms, 6.5" lift and so on...) Anyone will be welcome and the help would be VERY welcomed. PM me if you think you might want to make the trip and lend a hand... or two.

BTW I live in Spring, Tx... just north of Houston.

xxmidianxx
02-16-2010, 12:39 PM
OK, well this event is this weekend. Again it will be at my house in Spring, TX. Any of you local and not so local XJ guys wanna come and enjoy some wrenching, fun and food? If you do, PM me and I will give you directions.

BlueXJ
02-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Sorry xxmidianxx can't make it as I have local commitments.
Thanks for the invite though.

xxmidianxx
02-16-2010, 03:02 PM
BlueXJ, I understand about that. Plus you might need a passport to come this far north... lol

Mudderoy
02-16-2010, 03:51 PM
I think it would be fun to go just to see all the Jeeps. :cool:

xxmidianxx
02-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Mudderoy, you planning on coming?

BlueXJ
02-17-2010, 09:19 AM
BlueXJ, I understand about that. Plus you might need a passport to come this far north... lol

Certainly need something to get past the Border Patrol Checkpoint.

Mudderoy
02-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Mudderoy, you planning on coming?

I don't think so, but thanks for the invite!

alwaysxj
02-18-2010, 05:46 PM
i will come if you will pay for my plane ticket and come and get me at the air port.:popcorn: sound like fun but im in utard.:D

xxmidianxx
02-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Well I have still not gotten everything back together. I ran into a few big problems. Most of it is because I have the V-6 and not an I-6 motor.

Mudderoy
02-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Well I have still not gotten everything back together. I ran into a few big problems. Most of it is because I have the V-6 and not an I-6 motor.

What all were you trying to do?

rguignard
02-26-2010, 07:03 PM
whats left to do and what didnt go right?

4.3LXJ
02-26-2010, 07:58 PM
What is the matter with that Jeep?

Mudderoy
02-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Must have been too depressing to post... :sad0147:

xxmidianxx
02-27-2010, 02:42 AM
Sorry I have been busy at work. The BIG problem was the Clayton long arm kit. The cross member bolted right up, but when I put the arms on... it threw my axle 4" forward. Had to make a bracket to support my trans mounbt and move the cross member back a few inches to make it work.

BTW... I am in DIRE need of a welder tomorrow, can any help please?

4.3LXJ
02-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Yes, the cross members on our 86s are forward of the rest of the Jeeps starting in 87. Our trannys were shorter.

Mudderoy
02-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Sorry I have been busy at work. The BIG problem was the Clayton long arm kit. The cross member bolted right up, but when I put the arms on... it threw my axle 4" forward. Had to make a bracket to support my trans mounbt and move the cross member back a few inches to make it work.

BTW... I am in DIRE need of a welder tomorrow, can any help please?

I know it's a pain in the a$$ when things don't go smooth, but still long arms, it's gotta be nice. You have pictures up somewhere, naxja?

xxmidianxx
03-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Yes, the cross members on our 86s are forward of the rest of the Jeeps starting in 87. Our trannys were shorter.

Well its not only the trans thats the issue. Its mainly the engine that messed things up. I took ALOT of measurements in doing and correcting all this.

Thanks again Rene for helping me with the welding. Funny thing about the shock mounts. After I cleaned everything up, I got under there and took my angle finder to the shocks. They both came out to 70* each. Not too bad foe "eyeballing" where the mounts need to be.

Sorry no pictures just yet. I can't get any good shots with it in my garage.

rguignard
03-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Well its not only the trans thats the issue. Its mainly the engine that messed things up. I took ALOT of measurements in doing and correcting all this.

Thanks again Rene for helping me with the welding. Funny thing about the shock mounts. After I cleaned everything up, I got under there and took my angle finder to the shocks. They both came out to 70* each. Not too bad foe "eyeballing" where the mounts need to be.

Sorry no pictures just yet. I can't get any good shots with it in my garage.

lol i guess we have good eyes :thumbsup: glad to help you out :D