PDA

View Full Version : Going Green?

Mudderoy
04-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Perhaps I'm just a bit off, but I am so sick of this GREEN crap!

Like little old us can do anything much to this planet. Earth day, give me a break.

What we are talking about here is making things better for us. Clean is nice. No pollution is nice, but not a the price some of these tree huggers want US to pay.

Anyway I was thinking of a sticker. "Kiss my NON-GREEN A$$!" The A in A$$ would be a tree in the shape of an "A".

Melissa
04-23-2009, 03:22 PM
I voted damn straight!!!!!

Sure I'll go completely green when the government gives me the money to. I really would love to be completely off the grid and self sufficient but I am not made of money.

BlueXJ
04-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Wel I also think it is a ploy to blame everything on. We are as earth friendly as can be but as Mel says it is expensive and not easy on limited incomes. We had a plan to harness sunlight and wind to power the house during our retirement years but found out it would cast upwards of 80-100K to do so. That plan is now dead in the water unless we win the lottery.

firehawk
04-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Ok...here's my .02 worth.

One look at a picture from space shows me how truly insignificant man really is on this planet. While no one want's/like's polution, IMO it is simply arrogant/ignorance to think we have ANYTHING to do with the "so called" climate change. There is a reason Greenland is called Greenland, it was GREEN long ago. BEFORE the Industrial Revolution.

Has anyone else noticed that it isn't called "global warming" anymore? No one was buying into that except for the elitist's of the world, so to attempt to keep everyone in crisis mode they changed it to "climate change". That would cover about anything as far as weather is concerned. Humm... how convienent.

I believe it really is all about control. The powers behind this hoax are wanting to keep everyone in a crisis mode. That way they feel they can institute more control over our lives. Perfect example, AlGore feels HE can waste energy in his big so called green home, fly around in his Gulfstream and preach to us about OUR wasteful lifestyle. What an elitist hypocrite!:mad: He is considered an "expert" on climate change....:rolleyes: That man couldn't find his a** in the dark with a flashlight. He's a f**king doorknob.:smiley-laughing021:

Here's a sticker from The Glenn Beck Show.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/kbharbison/untitled3.jpg

Melissa
04-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Way to go Firehawk Rant on!!!! :sign0055::rant:

Mudderoy
04-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Ok...here's my .02 worth.

One look at a picture from space shows me how truly insignificant man really is on this planet. While no one want's/like's polution, IMO it is simply arrogant/ignorance to think we have ANYTHING to do with the "so called" climate change. There is a reason Greenland is called Greenland, it was GREEN long ago. BEFORE the Industrial Revolution.

Has anyone else noticed that it isn't called "global warming" anymore? No one was buying into that except for the elitist's of the world, so to attempt to keep everyone in crisis mode they changed it to "climate change". That would cover about anything as far as weather is concerned. Humm... how convienent.

I believe it really is all about control. The powers behind this hoax are wanting to keep everyone in a crisis mode. That way they feel they can institute more control over our lives. Perfect example, AlGore feels HE can waste energy in his big so called green home, fly around in his Gulfstream and preach to us about OUR wasteful lifestyle. What an elitist hypocrite!:mad: He is considered an "expert" on climate change....:rolleyes: That man couldn't find his a** in the dark with a flashlight. He's a f**king doorknob.:smiley-laughing021:

Here's a sticker from The Glenn Beck Show.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/kbharbison/untitled3.jpg

Someone needs to exercise Al Gore, stupid fat bastard! :rotfl2: He needs his methane emmisions measured.

_StationWagon_
04-23-2009, 08:58 PM
I've got 2 things to add to this thread:
1) The Post Office just moved to a new site & they have put up signs in some parking spaces saying; Parking for Eco-friendly Low-Emitting vehicles". It offends me every time I pull in there, so what do I do? I park my gas hogging V8 5.9 liter big black Durango squarely in one of those spots. I dare them to tell me my truck isn't ... whatever sissy titles they want to put up there.

2) My best friend just bought a brand new Toyota Tundra. She put this sticker in the window: "Go Green ... I Need Your Gas". DAMN STRAIGHT! I want one for my XJ!

firehawk
04-23-2009, 09:29 PM
I've got 2 things to add to this thread:
1) The Post Office just moved to a new site & they have put up signs in some parking spaces saying; Parking for Eco-friendly Low-Emitting vehicles". It offends me every time I pull in there, so what do I do? I park my gas hogging V8 5.9 liter big black Durango squarely in one of those spots. I dare them to tell me my truck isn't ... whatever sissy titles they want to put up there.

2) My best friend just bought a brand new Toyota Tundra. She put this sticker in the window: "Go Green ... I Need Your Gas". DAMN STRAIGHT! I want one for my XJ!

:rotfl2: I WANT one of those stickers!!!!!!:rotfl2: Find out where she got it.

pLEXX
04-23-2009, 11:50 PM
^_^ me to 10char

2000XJ
04-24-2009, 12:25 AM
This green stuff drives me nuts too. I do my share of recylcling when it's available, and not littering and stuff like that, but when people start talking about how the government wants us to give up our 15 year old vehicles becuase they're not up to current emissions standards - now THAT annoys me!

_StationWagon_
04-24-2009, 12:09 PM
:rotfl2: I WANT one of those stickers!!!!!!:rotfl2: Find out where she got it.
If you go to StickyLee.com they will make any sticker you want, in the color & size you choose. My friend didn't coin the saying, in fact I first told her about it (not my phrase either). But she got the sticker made at StickyLee. They support Jeeps too ...they have a booth at every Jeep show I have been to in this area.

Mudderoy
04-24-2009, 12:28 PM
If you go to StickyLee.com they will make any sticker you want, in the color & size you choose. My friend didn't coin the saying, in fact I first told her about it (not my phrase either). But she got the sticker made at StickyLee. They support Jeeps too ...they have a booth at every Jeep show I have been to in this area.

Sounds like a Chinese guy you don't want to shake hands with. :smiley-scared002:

xjjeepthing
04-24-2009, 08:49 PM
I saw one the other day that says.
"My SUV uses more gas then your Hybrid saves"

DETOURS
04-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Mmmmmm, sorry to peeee on the party, but Im all about green............only the resources available currently would make my return 10 + years waiting to profit or break even in the investment..........I say dont knock it, PUSH IT so the price freakin drops...............Sorry, I'd like to help. :smiley-finger007:

It goes beyond XJ's.....

Howler_GT
05-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Best of both worlds:

http://www.driveev.com/jeepev/home.php

Mudderoy
05-02-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm all for the EV's. More power more torque and you can sneak up on that cheating bitch at night... wait sorry flashback to a previous relationship.

DETOURS
05-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Since my last post, I've learned our current grid.....cant accept the power generated by the wind in it's current state, major upgrades are required.....

Electical engineering and related, is the next hot carrier for those who do not wish to attend college but rather a tech school. It's mostly union controlled, so one could seek out their local hall, it's real good $$$$$.