PDA

View Full Version : Pissed off, better than pissed on? Not always.

Mudderoy
04-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Ok so I went over to quadratec to see if they have the KC lights I wanted. They did and at a good price. So I order the 2 light kit, a couple of KC light covers, and a Jeep logo towel to go over my driver's side seat.

The shipping was $24.99!!! The order was about $160 and they wanted, what, about 15% in shipping!?!?!?

So Monday I was poking around looking for another set. I found some at "Auto Barn" for the same price and FREE shipping!

I wrote an e-mail to quadratec telling them thank you very much for the catalogs, and I wanted to give them a try and all, but for $25 for shipping a few items, I felt this would be my last order with them.

I got an e-mail back a couple of days later. I was told that they will match anyone's price, including shipping, but you need to call your order in.

I called the "order" people and they credited me the $24.99 shipping.

Auto Barn may be a great place to deal with, but I feel more comfortable dealing with quadratec. I'm glad they were able to take care of me.

BlueXJ
04-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah I had a similar experience with Lowes. Working on my shop I needed some lumber. There is a discount place here called Matt's Cash & Carry. They quoted me a price and wrote in on a quote sheet and I took it to Lowes and they started arguing that their lumber was better quality than Matts so I pushed them into honoring their price guarantee. They were not happy with me but what am I to do? They have the policy of price matching but they did make me pay cash and would not take a check. Which was OK by me.

Melissa
04-22-2009, 10:00 PM
I love the convience of ordering on line or from catalogs but I hate shipping. I have a fued going with ups and fedex over their shipping methods. Being as I live out of the main drag I have told them over and over not to leave a package on my door step if no one is home, cause if they do it always just seems to disappear. I have many letters sitting here at my desk from both of them saying that they are at fault for leaving my packages where they were not supposed to, yet I am still fighting them to get all my money back. Their policy is that if they lose my package then they reimberse the person or company I bought the items from not me. Well the person or company I bought from all ready has their money that I paid them, so they are in no hurry to fight with ups or fedex. In fact ups has not reimbersed a gal I bought a couple of horse blankets from (were talking over $200) back in December and it is now the end of April. So now I have to use an alternate physical address that is smack dab in the middle of Heppner so that I can be sure that I recieve my packages.

Sorry kind of off topic.

_StationWagon_
04-23-2009, 12:14 AM
I live in an urban area & I have the same problem with UPS leaving stuff on the porch. Even if I'm home & 2 SUV's parked in front of the door, they drop the shit & run off. That makes me mad.

Now Melissa I have compounded your hijack & they'll ban us both!

But I love Quadratec. They have been mostly good to me & my orders get here in a day.

Edit: isn't that cute ... I type the 4-letter word & XJ-T substitutes a picture of a turd.

BlueXJ
04-23-2009, 12:39 AM
Ain't we wondermus.

muddeprived
04-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Shipping ain't cheap these days. I always go to 4wd hardware for items i need that require ordering online so I can avoid paying shipping charges. Even if they don't have it, they will get it for you, or at least die trying. I was looking for a lockright locker a couple years ago and 4wd had it for $260. Of course picking it up was free shipping so I thought that was a good deal. I stopped to get my mail before going to 4wd and there was Peterson's magazine in there. My gf drove the tj while i looked at the mag and discovered that this gear place had the lockright for $199 free shipping. I was like :eek:. When i got the 4wd, i told em I wanted a lockright and then showed em the ad in the magazine. They said "sound's like a good price, but....we'll beat it". They beat it by a dollar. :thumbsup:

Been shopping there for years now ;)

Mudderoy
04-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Shipping ain't cheap these days. I always go to 4wd hardware for items i need that require ordering online so I can avoid paying shipping charges. Even if they don't have it, they will get it for you, or at least die trying. I was looking for a lockright locker a couple years ago and 4wd had it for $260. Of course picking it up was free shipping so I thought that was a good deal. I stopped to get my mail before going to 4wd and there was Peterson's magazine in there. My gf drove the tj while i looked at the mag and discovered that this gear place had the lockright for $199 free shipping. I was like :eek:. When i got the 4wd, i told em I wanted a lockright and then showed em the ad in the magazine. They said "sound's like a good price, but....we'll beat it". They beat it by a dollar. :thumbsup:

Been shopping there for years now ;)

I'm a couple of miles from a 4WD store, from the office. I drove over there the other day just to check it out. It took me over an hour! Houston traffic!

Still they have that induction cowl hood I want for my Jeep. $318, and $499 in Quadratec.

muddeprived
04-23-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm a couple of miles from a 4WD store, from the office. I drove over there the other day just to check it out. It took me over an hour! Houston traffic!

Still they have that induction cowl hood I want for my Jeep. $318, and $499 in Quadratec.

4wd hardware or 4wheel parts?

Mudderoy
04-23-2009, 09:02 AM
4wd hardware or 4wheel parts?

Well the website is 4wd.com but the store is 4wheel parts...

http://www.4wd.com/images/stores/bio/18-store.jpg

muddeprived
04-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Well the website is 4wd.com but the store is 4wheel parts...

http://www.4wd.com/images/stores/bio/18-store.jpg

That's what I thought. They merged...unfortunately.

BlueXJ
04-23-2009, 10:58 AM
That just means one stop shopping now. That just leaves Quadratech to get with the program for the big three chains to become one.

2000XJ
04-24-2009, 12:43 AM
I can't say one bad thing about Quadratec. Their shipping may be expensive, but I always get their stuff in 1-2 business days (even with the cheapest shipping option), they're nothing but nice and accomodating when you call about a problem, and when I lived about 15 minutes from them, you could call in an order and they'd have it ready by the time you arrived. As far as I'm concerned, 4WD Hardware/4 Wheel Parts should take lessons from Qtec regarding phone customer service :(