Melissa
04-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Have to show some of mine now too :rotfl2:

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/melreese83/HPIM0376.jpg

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/melreese83/HPIM0378.jpg

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/melreese83/HPIM0478.jpg

Audio222
04-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Gotta love the mountains in Oregon. That's cool.

Mudderoy
04-21-2009, 04:53 PM
So basically you've been sitting on these pictures, and it took someone else showing pictures of OR for you to post them. :spank:

Melissa
04-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Gotta love the mountains in Oregon. That's cool.

Yes, love all the hills and mountains.

So basically you've been sitting on these pictures, and it took someone else showing pictures of OR for you to post them. :spank:

Yeeeah pretty much.....................my bad :headbag:

BlueXJ
04-21-2009, 10:33 PM
They are so pretty I will forgive you even if Mudd doesn't.

JG-Man
05-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Beautiful. I'm jealous. I don't like living in the New York City Metro area. :(

Melissa
05-07-2009, 11:00 PM

I have never been there, whats it like?

Come visit Oregon and you might never go back ;)
It can be 90 degrees outside and you take off on a back dirt road and an hour later your stuck in a 4 ft snow drift (Did that) :D

BlueXJ
05-08-2009, 12:05 AM

Can't imagine anyone enjoying NYC. I have been several times for the shows and such but you could not pay me enough to live there.:eek:

JG-Man
05-08-2009, 12:21 AM
The vast majority of people here (and that's a lot of people) wouldn't live anywhere else. They say NYC has the best (and worst) of everything and they don't like feeling isolated way out in the "country" or rural settings. I don't need Broadway theatres, opera, art galleries or fine restaurants, giant melting pot of people... I'd rather have fresh air and land. I can understand why the ultra rich people wanna stay here, but I don't understand why anybody who was "not rich" would voluntarily choose to stay here -- the cost of living is outrageous.

You can find just about anything you're into here though. Lets say you like Indian food or authentic Chinese food or fashion, or seeing TV stars on the street (they film Law & Order episode every other day here - right in the streets), or medical experts if your kid has a medical problem. Like I said, the best & worst of everything. Everything thing is ultra fast-paced here, and "strangers" are generally not friendly to one another. You can't even way down the sidewalk or cross the street unless you know the New York way of doing it. You'll get in the way of a busy sidewalk or get hit by a bike going the wrong way down the street. When I first moved here I had to learn that all the streets (in Manhattan) are generally ONE WAY its a strange concept to get used to if you are driving. Crossing the street you first have to get used to looking only one way for cars, but then no, you have to watch out for bicylists that ride the wrong direction, or any direction they want and routinely blow right through all lights (in front of traffic cops!).

You guys have deer stories: One of those delivery bikes hit my 4x4 one night even after I honked my horn as I approached the intersection and even though I had a solid GREEN light, I had a hunch because it was soo late, I thought, they will just assume no-one is coming so I'll honk as I approach, just to be safe. It was a skinny one way street that entered into a 3 lane one way street. Then as I'm going thru the intersection I look left (because that's the direction the vehicles should be coming from on this one way street) then I see the bike coming at me from the right (that means he was going the wrong way down a one way street AND through a red light without even slowing down). His bike went into my wheel well and got twisted into a pretzel tossing him right off. he was able to walk away with his bike on his shoulder (he didn't speak much English either so we couldn't really communicate). My fender flare (I had a early 2dr Nissan Pathfinder then) snapped back on (no lawsuit).

Melissa
05-08-2009, 12:34 AM
The vast majority of people here (and that's a lot of people) wouldn't live anywhere else. They say NYC has the best (and worst) of everything and they don't like feeling isolated way out in the "country" or rural settings. I don't need Broadway theatres, opera, art galleries or fine restaurants, giant melting pot of people... I'd rather have fresh air and land. I can understand why the ultra rich people wanna stay here, but I don't understand why anybody who was "not rich" would voluntarily choose to stay here -- the cost of living is outrageous.

You can find just about anything you're into here though. Lets say you like Indian food or authentic Chinese food or fashion, or seeing TV stars on the street (they film Law & Order episode every other day here - right in the streets), or medical experts if your kid has a medical problem. Like I said, the best & worst of everything.

WOW :eek:

Where I live the population is around 2,000 and you have to drive an hour just to find a fast food restaurant. Heppner rolls up the streets at 7pm and if you need to get to the store, drive the hour one way or wait until the next day.
Everyone is very friendly and still waves as you drive by them, it is not uncommon to see horses being rode right through the middle of town, or see the horses tied up outside of a store.

The only thing around here your gonna find lots of is cows.

I am used to one way streets as where I shop for groceries about an hour and a half away is almost all one way streets. I can't stand crowds, and hate driving the freeways. I prefer the small towns and plan to stay in them as long as I can.
Heppner to be is almost to big for me, I used to live in Spray, Oregon and there we had a population of 150, loved it there.

Audio222
05-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Now that's a dedicated Oregon girl. My wife is just the opposite she has lived here all her life and is now ready to pack it up an move to Texas.

Melissa
05-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Now that's a dedicated Oregon girl. My wife is just the opposite she has lived here all her life and is now ready to pack it up an move to Texas.

I wouldn't mind living in Texas as long as it was a small town, Less than 2,000 people small.

Did you hear about the tornado up here near where I live?
It hit Adams, Oregon about 15 min north of Pendleton, Oregon two days ago.

The Umatilla river because of the storm has flooded it's banks and is looking awesome, wish I would have had my camera when I saw it yesterday, I guess I'll have to buy a second camera just to keep in my Jeep.

Oregon is not supposed to have tornados!

Update: Just learned that there was another tornado that hit two days ago as well, but this time the tornado was 11 miles from where I live. It hit the Ruggs Ranch and I guess made a real big mess and tore down their pole barn. I'm gonna go and see if I can take pics of the damage tomorrow.

xjjeepthing
05-08-2009, 08:25 PM
I want to see Oregon

Melissa
05-08-2009, 09:51 PM
xjjeepthing bring the family and come visit, it is beautifull here.

cher96
05-08-2009, 10:48 PM
I was heading out to Oregon in 1980 to go to school but ended up in Wisconsin visiting friends. While visiting my engine blew and I ended up staying there for six years and went to University there. Never made it out to Oregon went to Tennessee after that for 6 years then to East Asia for 10 and now in Tampa for the last 10 years. I've always wanted to go to Oregon. I'm going to get out there some day I hope.

Melissa
05-08-2009, 11:49 PM
I hope that you do it's a really nice place
I love Oregon, but I really do want to see more. I have seen very little.

I was born in Seattle Wa, Moved to Oregon in 1988, but other than that I have only been to Idaho, California, Nevada, New Mexico, and Florida, oh and Washington DC.

JG-Man
05-09-2009, 12:37 AM
ccccccccccccc

JG-Man
05-09-2009, 12:45 AM
Yea, I think you would be freaked out by living here. Also, i live less than 20 miles from work (the closest of my 4 team mates) but during rush hour it can take 1.2 to 1.6 hours to drive that! The most it took one day was 3.5 hours! and the least it took to go home after midnight was 35 mins. :) Big difference -- its all how much traffic there is that day. :driving::smiley-scared002:

Melissa
05-09-2009, 02:46 AM
Yeah I'll stick to where I live. I have been in the Seattle, Wa and Portland, OR rush hour traffic and the drivers there scare me to death, darting in and out of the lanes, cutting people off, tail gating, If I have to go to either of those places, I make sure I do not arrive during rush hour.

So what did you think about the air force one plane flying over NY?

JG-Man
05-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Major bone-head move by someone (now formerly) in Obama's administration who obviously was not a New Yorker. He ordered it to be kept a secret and it wasn't even a real Air Force One plane, just a mock-up! (althout technically any plane that the President flys in becomes "Air Force One" in flight.)

I didn't see it so I'm not sure how I would have reacted now. (We did just have a plane LAND IN THE HUDSON RIVER recently -- "Miracle on the Hudson") But I remember weeks after 9/11 when I was driving over the GW Bridge into Manhattan and heard a plane passing overhead and I thought my heart was gonna beat right out of my chest! (like I had just run a flight of stairs or something) so I can see why some people reacted the way they did (and evacuated buildings). After the weapons grade Anthrax was sent to NBC in NYC, people would call about "a white powdery substance" after finishing a box of powdered dounuts! Though I think some other people just want an excuse to be outraged. I have nerve damage to one ear from 9/11 and I don't cry about it - life goes on.

Melissa
05-10-2009, 01:56 AM
The joy of having Dish Network is that I get to see the news from all over the US, but not whats going on right here in my area.

I remember watching the news about pilot Sullenberger landing that plane and heard him talking into his radio, I remember thinking how can he be so calm when he is about ready to crash into the water.

Too much going on in the big cities, I'd have a heart attack in under a week if I lived in one.

How did you get nerve damage from 9/11?

Am I asking to many questions?
Tell me to zip it if I am, I won't be offended.