PDA

View Full Version : What now???

aceofphoenix
12-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Well I really appreciate the help the last couple of times. The tranny filter was replaced and new fluid added, she shifts a little better but I still am in fourth gear @ 40-45mph. I don't think this is right, but I am use to a 5 speed automatic not a 4 speed automatic. But the filter was long overdue for a change.

So one day the heater was working fine and I was doing something under the hood(I don't remember what I was working on). Well I jumped in the jeep to go somewhere and no heater. I don't even get heat on the vent position. The blower is blowing good but no heat at all. The A/C blows really cold when it wants to. I am not sure if it has R12 or R134a in the system and not sure how to tell. All I know is that my jeep is really cold when driving anywhere no matter what the engine temp is. So I called the parts house and checked on the price of a heater core and it is $36. I am not sure if that would be the problem or not just trying to get my ducks lined up. I also have never changed a heater core before. So where should I begin and is this a common problem for the cherokees?

Thank you for your time.
Happy holidays to everyone.

Mark