PDA

View Full Version : If you live in NC or a few states away, visit the "4x4 Beach" at least once...

Dredwolf
11-29-2017, 09:38 PM
Did this recently, and still working on the pics for the trip report.

But here's a link to some more info. https://www.outerbanks.com/carova.html

It was very cool adventure for a couple, so much so that Mrs. Dredwolf and I are planing our return trip. It would be awesome to rent one of the houses only accessible by 4x4, but they are not cheap.

jonb8
11-30-2017, 05:42 AM
Is there any campgrounds near? Sounds like a trip for the wife

4.3LXJ
11-30-2017, 09:47 AM
That sounds like a cool place to visit. Too bad it is on the wrong coast :D

We have similar areas, minus the horses, in NW OR and SW WA state

bluedragon436
11-30-2017, 10:41 AM
That looks pretty good... I'm moving to NC starting here in a few hours I'll be headed that way by myself with what I can put in my truck.. And then will be moving the rest of our crap and the rest of my family down to NC mid January... We'll be more towards the west portion of the state... but will have to look into this place for sure... Look forward to seeing the pics of your trip..

Dredwolf
11-30-2017, 09:38 PM

I recall seeing something about campgrounds, but the area is not so $$ in the off-season. We got an ocean-front room for $70/night in Nags Head, which is just a few miles away.

Dredwolf
11-30-2017, 09:42 PM

Looks like there are several campgrounds in Nags Head or Kitty Hawk, which are nearby, and have better choices of stores for supplies.

jonb8
12-01-2017, 04:43 AM
Thanks, I'll have to do some research... Looks like a fun place to visit

nickyg
12-02-2017, 02:29 AM
That looks pretty good... I'm moving to NC starting here in a few hours I'll be headed that way by myself with what I can put in my truck.. And then will be moving the rest of our crap and the rest of my family down to NC mid January... We'll be more towards the west portion of the state... but will have to look into this place for sure... L

Hit me up when you get settled. I live in about the middle of the state. maybe we can set up some wheeling trips.

4.3LXJ
12-02-2017, 09:37 AM
Hit me up when you get settled. I live in about the middle of the state. maybe we can set up some wheeling trips.

I see future segments from the mind of Nicky G with you in them James :D

4x4Dalton
02-16-2018, 10:02 PM
I'm in Southern Virginia around Danville. I'll have to check this out myself.