PDA

View Full Version : Have a leak and need help.

tbone
12-08-2009, 03:14 AM
So the other day I was getting in my hatch for some tools and the carpet was soaked, no jugs of water or anything that could leak. It was soaking wet, any ideas would really help. :confused:

BlueXJ
12-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Was it raining at the time?

alwaysxj
12-08-2009, 03:47 PM
one my 92 the rear window on the hatch the rubber around it was not sealed good. i would look at all the seals on the windows.

Mudderoy
12-08-2009, 03:56 PM
So the other day I was getting in my hatch for some tools and the carpet was soaked, no jugs of water or anything that could leak. It was soaking wet, any ideas would really help. :confused:

Seems like I have read/heard about this happening when people cut the rear fenders and cut through the pinch seam. Water is pushed up while driving in rain and get the carpet wet.

tbone
12-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Thank's for the advice on thing's to check. Hadn't rained for a few day's and the XJ is all stock for know, no mods at all. Thank's agian for the help. :patriot:

Mudderoy
12-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Thank's for the advice on thing's to check. Hadn't rained for a few day's and the XJ is all stock for know, no mods at all. Thank's agian for the help. :patriot:

Wow that is strange then. The only liquid in the back I can think of is GAS and wiper fluid.

pvt.Tadpol xj
12-30-2009, 04:48 PM
This is a late reply but this is what happened to my Xj when i first got it. The first time i drove it to work it starting raining very hard and i went inside and clocked in for the day. when i left the workplaceand got back inside my jeep the passenger side had about 1 inch of water in the floor board. After looking very hard i found the rain water coming inside at the small push open windows. my choice was to caulk them in both inside and outside with a liberal amount of ultra black sealer being very careful to make it look very neat and clean sincit blends right in with the factort window seals. Then I manually pulled on the little inside lockdowns enough to slide a nickel and a penny in between the window and the lockdown to keep it sealed up. I have never seen another drop of water since then:popcorn:

Silly Willy
12-31-2009, 09:49 AM
This is a late reply but this is what happened to my Xj when i first got it. The first time i drove it to work it starting raining very hard and i went inside and clocked in for the day. when i left the workplaceand got back inside my jeep the passenger side had about 1 inch of water in the floor board. After looking very hard i found the rain water coming inside at the small push open windows. my choice was to caulk them in both inside and outside with a liberal amount of ultra black sealer being very careful to make it look very neat and clean sincit blends right in with the factort window seals. Then I manually pulled on the little inside lockdowns enough to slide a nickel and a penny in between the window and the lockdown to keep it sealed up. I have never seen another drop of water since then:popcorn:

Only thing is his problem is in the back of the jeep not near the front window. Though this is a fantastic solution for a leak in the front.

tbone
12-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Thank's for all the great ideas, still haven't found the problem and hasn't been wet since. Not gas, no fumes and not washer fluid, it has been removed by the PO. :patriot: