PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Falls Adventure Park

Mudderoy
05-22-2017, 07:36 AM
I'm in the high 90% that I'll be going to Hidden Falls this weekend, Saturday to be specific. I am planning on driving up early, leaving around 5:30am and stay until the afternoon, or perhaps later. I'm not camping out, but who knows maybe in the future if they have a place to plug an A/C into! ;)

I'm working on replacing the u-joints and yoke assembly in my front driveshaft. I gave up last night after another cap wouldn't fully seat. It's the last one so I'm planning on knocking that out tonight and re-installing the drive shaft. Then the extended rear brake line, bleed and test.

If anyone would like to follow me up, or meet up there chime in.

You can email me tony @ jeeptalkshow.com

Mudderoy
05-23-2017, 08:35 AM

Okay front drive shaft rebuilt including that extra thing in the cardan with the ball and the spring.

Installed and tested. I'll test 4x4 on the way home, close to the house just in case, but there's really no reason it shouldn't work fine.

Replace rear brake line with extended line and I should be ready, although I would like to do an oil change and grease all fittings prior to Saturday. Oh and check the tcase fluid level.

denverd1
05-23-2017, 10:40 AM
centering ball is a PITA. I'd come join you, but got plans this weekend.

would be great to do a XJT run with the Texas crew or anyone else who wants to make the drive

Mudderoy
05-24-2017, 07:48 AM
I'm not going!

God damn transfer case stretched chain!

denverd1
05-24-2017, 11:34 AM
that sucks!

4.3LXJ
05-24-2017, 11:47 AM
Tony, just for giggles, check that driveline you just worked on. When I get stuff happening right after work I have done, I double check it. It usually means I made a mistake

bigjim350
05-27-2017, 05:35 AM
Yes a group trip to hidden falls would be great. Just got back from a week of wheeling in Ouray, CO with my Tacoma.

Mudderoy
05-27-2017, 12:25 PM
Tony, just for giggles, check that driveline you just worked on. When I get stuff happening right after work I have done, I double check it. It usually means I made a mistake

Well I thought of that and I am going to take the front drive shaft back out, and see how it feels. I'm going to drain the transfer case. With the bottom plug out I'll be able to get to the chain with my finger and then I'll know for sure.