PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Uwharrie Invasion

nickyg
05-07-2017, 10:59 AM
I just got back from my first "legal" wheeling trip.
Carolina trails off road hosted the 2017 Uwharrie invasion.
What a great bunch of folks!! Everyone was so friendly and nice. I had a great time.
My thanks go out to all but especially to Bryan Draper and his wife. Brian from Root one six offroad. and Goose who spotted me most of the day and kept it so I can drive home.
Thanks again guys and I hope to see ya'll soon.

4.3LXJ
05-07-2017, 04:05 PM
Nicky, I do expect this to be fodder for many future Jeep Talk show call ins. Glad you found a group. Have trouble staying awake during the day?

nickyg
05-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Nicky, I do expect this to be fodder for many future Jeep Talk show call ins. Glad you found a group. Have trouble staying awake during the day?

I literally worked all night, jumped in the jeep and drove out there. (about 2 hours. By the time I got home I was dead.

4.3LXJ
05-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Yup, I remember working nights like that. Really screwed up my days off

finneys98xj
05-07-2017, 10:49 PM
I love going to uwharrie. We went three weeks ago and I broke a tranny mount after 20 mins going up the first leg of Daniel. That's also where I tore the hatch off my xj two years ago

bluedragon436
05-08-2017, 06:33 AM
Looks like a good time... Glad you were able to get up with a great group of folks.. certainly makes or brakes a trip.. Hoping I can make it there one day, especially if I end up getting a job there in NC... But even if I end up in SC again.. I really want to try and make it up there at least once..

nickyg
05-09-2017, 08:05 AM
Looks like a good time... Glad you were able to get up with a great group of folks.. certainly makes or brakes a trip.. Hoping I can make it there one day, especially if I end up getting a job there in NC... But even if I end up in SC again.. I really want to try and make it up there at least once..

Let me know if you end up in the carolinas. we'll plan a trip.
The guys from Carolina trail off-road are in florance SC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nickyg
05-09-2017, 08:09 AM
I love going to uwharrie. We went three weeks ago and I broke a tranny mount after 20 mins going up the first leg of Daniel. That's also where I tore the hatch off my xj two years ago

I was too chicken to do Daniel. I did Falls dam and wolf den. I did suffer some carnage. The screw to my dome light rattled out and left it hanging by its wire

finneys98xj
05-09-2017, 09:33 AM
I was too chicken to do Daniel. I did Falls dam and wolf den. I did suffer some carnage. The screw to my dome light rattled out and left it hanging by its wire

I love Daniel, dicky bell, and ditch john. We do ditch john at night that's fun.

denverd1
05-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Nicky went wheelin'!!! Woohoo!! Nice work.

nickyg
05-09-2017, 03:44 PM
I made it on the CTOR youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huts4kURGI4

bluedragon436
05-11-2017, 08:15 AM
Let me know if you end up in the carolinas. we'll plan a trip.
The guys from Carolina trail off-road are in florance SC.

Heck yeah, that'd be awesome.. I'm from SC, prior to joining the AF.. and was originally planning on moving back to SC.. But right now am working on trying to get my A&P and will be trying to get a position with Delta in Charlotte.. and/or working with the ANG there in Charlotte as they just started up a C-17 unit there, and that is the aircraft I've been working for the past 10 years.. So I'll definitely let you know if I end up being back in the Carolinas... Got to have good Jeep Peeps to go and have a good time with.. even if it's just working on the rigs and getting them ready for the real fun times!!