PDA

View Full Version : New Crank Position Sensor

98s1mms
04-12-2017, 01:13 AM
New to this forum. I have a 96 Xj sport 4.0. I've been battling overheating for a while. Replaced Thermostat, water pump, radiator (replaced with a tri core aluminum with 3 efans), as well as doing things like burping only to find out it was my Crank Position Sensor. Old Cps can fail due to heat and once I replaced it with an aftermarket sensor (oem n/a) it's having random misfires. It idles very rough especially when hot. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.3LXJ
04-12-2017, 09:20 AM
I assume you are getting the P030X codes occasionally. This is generally caused by fuel in the rail vaporizing. Once the vapor is expelled, it will run normally. You need to heat shield the fuel rail.

98s1mms
04-12-2017, 11:21 PM
I assume you are getting the P030X codes occasionally. This is generally caused by fuel in the rail vaporizing. Once the vapor is expelled, it will run normally. You need to heat shield the fuel rail.

I got the p0302 codes. Cylinder 2 was really misfiring. But that makes a lot of sense. I think its weird tho that it started doing it as soon as i replaced the cps. But maybe its only because the engine bay was allowed to get to new levels of heat with out the cps failing. But its worth a shot. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk