PDA

View Full Version : Ain't life grand?

OldFaurt
04-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Well Tony, I guess it's my turn to be unemployed!
Know anybody looking for a Sr. Eng. Tech and / or Sr. PCB Designer?

Other than that, the old head is working fantastic on the newer block!
Fuel Mileage is up nearly 2 MPG and it feels smooth and strong!
I guess all I need to do now is finish replacing the external Trans / Transfer case seals.

Maybe I should go see if Jeep needs a nerd?

I don't know... But wish me luck guys!

:bacondance:

4.3LXJ
04-11-2017, 06:49 PM
Good luck in your quest Bob

jonb8
04-11-2017, 06:56 PM
You'll bounce...Good luck

Charlie Foxtrot
04-11-2017, 08:19 PM
PM sent

OldFaurt
04-11-2017, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the good wishes guys.
It is what it is, an opportunity for growth and with less commute, will be a God send!
My 3 hour commute, 9 hour work day were wrecking my health. Not enough sleep!

So, maybe a local job with a normal 8 hour day... ah that would be GOOOooood!

XJ Wheeler
04-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the good wishes guys.
It is what it is, an opportunity for growth and with less commute, will be a God send!
My 3 hour commute, 9 hour work day were wrecking my health. Not enough sleep!

So, maybe a local job with a normal 8 hour day... ah that would be GOOOooood!
Man, I feel ya. We've picked up and we're sometimes going 12 hour days with a two hour commute one way, little less recently. But after being off for nearly five years its a welcome burden. Good luck bud. Hopefully it'll be a blessing in the end. [emoji106]

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

bluedragon436
04-11-2017, 11:11 PM
It's that time of year to be job free (not by choice)... Can't wait to find work again!! And hope it'll not have a huge commute... really don't want to do that again, if I can help it..

OldFaurt
04-12-2017, 08:10 AM
Man, I feel ya. We've picked up and we're sometimes going 12 hour days with a two hour commute one way, little less recently. But after being off for nearly five years its a welcome burden. Good luck bud. Hopefully it'll be a blessing in the end. [emoji106]

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

By the way, your Pigeon is great! His grammar and punctuation is spot on!
On that statue... On that car... on my jee... hey now! Ha ha ha!
sorry, couldn't help myself!

I also have sleep Apnea, so 5-6 hours a night just don't cut it.
After stopping at 3 accidents on the way to work and pulling a guy out of a rolled SUV just last February, at 5:30AM in the morning, I started to realize I was just a hop skip and a crunch away from my own.

So yes, Change will most likely be very good for me!
Also, I need to get out from behind a desk, that is killing me all by it's self!

Thank you for the kind response!

xj-jake
04-12-2017, 08:27 AM
Good luck Bob. When one door closes another opens. I hope you finds something closer to home at least. By the way, what is this 8 hour work day you speak of??

OldFaurt
04-12-2017, 08:37 AM
It's that time of year to be job free (not by choice)... Can't wait to find work again!! And hope it'll not have a huge commute... really don't want to do that again, if I can help it..

Yes, it does get annoying to be someone's bottom line adjuster,

I am wishing for jobs for too many friends these days... Bosses seem to think those fresh faces right out of school will be better than 30 years of experience. Apparently they never had to nurse maid those fresh faces. I have, I often sing under my breath,
"No body knows the stupid I've seen,
Nobody know my sorrow"!

One of the interns in a company I worked for burned up over $800,000 of test equipment
in the Hi pot testing chamber... Supervisor did not check the setup before she fired it off
With all the "POST" Hi pot test equipment already attached.

POOF!

No, I was not the supervisor, I took over after he was fired!

We can all get better work if we apply ourselves,

And we shall!

OldFaurt
04-12-2017, 06:31 PM
Good luck Bob. When one door closes another opens. I hope you finds something closer to home at least. By the way, what is this 8 hour work day you speak of??

8 hour, no no no! My contract was 9 hours a day min! NO over time, salary!
What is kicking my butt was the 2,495 miles a month for commute AND 180 hour work requirement! Basically I was doing a 60 hour work week every week for the last 4 years!

Yeah... I am dumb...

OldFaurt
09-19-2017, 01:14 PM
Well, I am now the Bartender at the Black Butte Ranch Lodge Lounge!
I have even been a Bartender to the stars! I got to spend an evening with Anne Burrell,
The lead on food Network's America's Worst Cooks!
GOOD GRIEF but I miss my Jeep!

Mudderoy
09-24-2017, 01:05 AM
By the way, your Pigeon is great! His grammar and punctuation is spot on!
On that statue... On that car... on my jee... hey now! Ha ha ha!
sorry, couldn't help myself!

I also have sleep Apnea, so 5-6 hours a night just don't cut it.
After stopping at 3 accidents on the way to work and pulling a guy out of a rolled SUV just last February, at 5:30AM in the morning, I started to realize I was just a hop skip and a crunch away from my own.

So yes, Change will most likely be very good for me!
Also, I need to get out from behind a desk, that is killing me all by it's self!

Thank you for the kind response!

Oh I didn't read you message in chat correctly. I thought you were back in Katy. Disregard the email about the Jeep Jam yesterday. ;)

cj4a nz
09-24-2017, 03:28 AM
All the best , not a nice place to be, like too many people I have been there.....