PDA

View Full Version : AJ Offroad Armor rock slider review and install

nickyg
04-07-2017, 05:23 AM
A few weeks ago I purchased some of Aj's super rock rails.
Well I thought I would share my experience with it. incase anyone else was thinking about buying a set.
Let me know if you have any questions and comments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaIjULq6raQ&feature=youtu.be

Brasscatz
04-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Tony, shall we add this to the Articles section?

bluedragon436
04-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Sliders look good on there Nick... I have a set of AJ's sliders, that I removed from a co-workers older XJ when it decided not to run worth a crap anymore.. Can definitely tell they were tested quite a bit on rocks and who knows what else and seem to hold up pretty well, other than some smashed tubing.. but still pretty sturdy and beefy.. Was going to install them on my XJ, but couldn't get an answer from AJ's to be able to purchase new hardware for the install.. and couldn't find any information on what size to order.. So ended up jumping on a deal for a set of JCR... and go figure now JCR offers the slider install hardware separately for purchase.. lol

nickyg
04-11-2017, 02:36 PM
Sliders look good on there Nick... I have a set of AJ's sliders, that I removed from a co-workers older XJ when it decided not to run worth a crap anymore.. Can definitely tell they were tested quite a bit on rocks and who knows what else and seem to hold up pretty well, other than some smashed tubing.. but still pretty sturdy and beefy.. Was going to install them on my XJ, but couldn't get an answer from AJ's to be able to purchase new hardware for the install.. and couldn't find any information on what size to order.. So ended up jumping on a deal for a set of JCR... and go figure now JCR offers the slider install hardware separately for purchase.. lol

The pinch seam used 1/4 inch bolts. The frame used some 5/16 self tapping screws.

bluedragon436
04-11-2017, 11:34 PM
The pinch seam used 1/4 inch bolts. The frame used some 5/16 self tapping screws.

Yeah I got a full set from JCR now, that I can put together with the sliders and pass me on to another XJ'er for a deal..

xj-jake
04-12-2017, 08:29 AM
Nicky I watch this video the other day and didn't have time to comment. They look great on there but I have to ask, did you taste the locktite? If so why did you leave it out of the video??

nickyg
04-14-2017, 09:46 AM
Nicky I watch this video the other day and didn't have time to comment. They look great on there but I have to ask, did you taste the locktite? If so why did you leave it out of the video??

Funny story. The first tube of locktight I grabbed was plugged up, I gave it a good squeeze and blue stuff exploded everywhere. I looked sorta like one of the bluemans group slower cousin. unfortunately it was off camera.

4.3LXJ
04-14-2017, 11:30 AM
:keegirl: