PDA

View Full Version : Slow /Very SlowFill Up

Klaatu55
04-06-2017, 04:40 PM
I have a 1999 Cherokee 4.0. Evap. switch and pump is in engine compartment passenger side.Charcoal cannister is under car by back wheels.in front of gas tank.

I still have to fill up very slowly ,or the gas pump will cut off. Removed gas tank again. to check for anything unusual. May be a crimp in one of the smaller lines, Soon as rain stops I'l try to smoke it. with improvised smoker.Something I'm curious about is that right along the fuel fill hose is similar sized fuel vent hose. that is unobstructed ,so why is the pressure backing up to cut the pump off. The tube that has a crimp is one of the thinner pipes I believe to be plastic with a rubber coupling,the the one that is mechanically clipped on,which I assume may be under pressure,seems to be okay. Im also getting a cut saying gross leak in evap. system, which may or may not be associated with slow fill. Any ideas? Thanks
By the way there is a line in the picture from i think a rollover valve .I do not see the valve or any line coming from that area. I have a total of four lines coming from gas tank (plus electrical) 2 Large, and 2 small. Is this correct?

4.3LXJ
04-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Is there a kink in either the fill line or the vent line? Generally a kink in either line will cause what you are describing

nickyg
04-06-2017, 09:42 PM
My 96 has done the same thing ever since I owned it. I cant figure it out either.
It's just something I learned to live with. If I was in a hurry to be somewhere I never would've bought a Jeep

Klaatu55
04-07-2017, 07:20 AM
The illustration didn't come through, I'll try to send it again.

Klaatu55
04-13-2017, 10:15 AM
My tank does not have the same setup as illustration, It has a pressure line, but only has a line to the rollover. Is this the fuel vapor return? Or does the return stop with the cannister? Another thing, is the pump suppose to revolve within the top of pump housing. My pressure line can revolve between 11 o'clock and maybe two o'clock between the hold down clamps.Is this suppose to happen?