PDA

View Full Version : Rhino liner

JTHarrison86
03-23-2017, 09:38 AM
I am wanting to throw some sort of rhino liner on the XJ along the bottom portion of the body like a lot of people do. But I can't decide how far up to go. I thought about doin it even with the bumpers but I want to go over the wheel wells also. But then I don't want to have to buy more then one bucket. Suggestions?

bluedragon436
03-23-2017, 01:49 PM
I've seen the lower portion of the rockers & doors.. so like from the bottom body line down.. pretty much the line in line with the bumpers front to back... and thought it looked pretty good.. That was what I was thinking about doing to my XJ as well.. but as I've been thinking about having the Jeep repainted after taking care of a few body damage and slight rust issues had put it off a bit... and have now found a guy locally who will coat the whole Jeep in liner in whatever color or colors I want.. it isn't Rhino liner, but Raptor Liner.. so after I take care of a few more dents and rust issues I plan on getting it over to him to have the Jeep lined (still not for sure what color), and will have armor as well as the floor done in black liner..

JTHarrison86
03-23-2017, 08:38 PM
That sounds pricey but awesome. I'm notorious for being cheap.

bluedragon436
03-24-2017, 08:23 AM
That sounds pricey but awesome. I'm notorious for being cheap.

Oh no trust me.. I was thinking the same thing price wise.. and to have Rhino lining or Line-X spray the whole outside, armor and floor.. especially any colors.. would be crazy expensive, IIRC Line-X quoted me just shy of $1200.. But with the guy I have doing it, it'll be quite a bit cheaper than that... Granted the Raptor liner might not be the exact same liner as Line-X, it'll work just fine for me.. and has worked great for quite a few people I know for a while.. If nothing else, if you got a decent compressor, or access to one for a little bit.. to look at Raptor liners.. You can pickup a kit from them for black @ a pretty decent deal, as well as a spray gun..

JTHarrison86
03-24-2017, 12:10 PM
Hmm, well that would be cool but I'm figuring on probably a $50 can of Herculiner or something similar. I'm wanting to respray paint the upper half of the Jeep after I rhino line it. Thinking about going with caterpillar yellow. Like the dark flat yellow. Haven't sold myself on it yet though. Either way this Rustoleum crap is coming off. They have lost me as a customer for life.