PDA

View Full Version : Which Exhaust should I get?

TunzofunXJ99
02-07-2017, 05:54 PM
I have been looking into a new exhaust system for the 99xj. I have been looking at 3 more often then others... Borla, Banks Power, and Magnaflow... anyone have any insight? I am looking for the full system, minus the exhaust manifold. If its a double pipe that would be awesome but not one of my selling points... I have been favoring the Banks Power Monster single exhaust system, but that might be because it advertises at about 108% improvement over the stock system... I don't know if that is just hot air under my skirt or what... Anybody got any other suggestions or knowledge of these systems?

Thanks Again!

bluedragon436
02-07-2017, 07:45 PM
I don't know if the Banks exhaust is for sure a 108% improvement... but I know of a few folks that run it on their XJ's as well as their LJ's... I like the sound of it... am kind of stuck between getting a Banks Monster exhaust or a FM 40 series w/2.5" exhaust, I had the FM setup on my previous 98 XJ that I used to have, and love the sound of it, and never had any drone issues even on long drives on the highway... right now I'm looking at getting the Banks header for my XJ, as my current manifold is cracked (as seems to be the usual).. and have to replace my front pipe as the O2 sensor is seized into it (thanks a lot PO's)... and will just go ahead an replace the catalytic converter and have a full new exhaust front to rear... just trying to figure out if I want to run the FM system again, or just run a full Banks setup (well as much of it as can be Banks anyways...)

4.3LXJ
02-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Any of those would be an improvement. IIRC Banks offers Stainless steel

TunzofunXJ99
02-07-2017, 07:53 PM
But which one would be best for the buck? I just wish there were more videos and info on the banks in regard to the 99XJ... I'm not having luck with research... I am going to look into the FM system... is that the name of the brand? FM?

4.3LXJ
02-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Flow Master

TunzofunXJ99
02-07-2017, 08:11 PM
....wow. I feel dumb lol

Pookapotamus
02-07-2017, 09:40 PM
I have the full borla system, well kinda, my rear suspension does not really allow for a stock system, so mine is modified.

I'm not disappointed in it at all, but I hate the sound, it's too, "ricey" for me, under full throttle it has a turbo like whine to it, just does not sound like I think a jeep should sound.

But was a great kit, and well made. If I could use a stock system I would go with a banks system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregs94
02-08-2017, 06:05 PM
ive heard a few youtube vids of the magnaflow, has a good sound and price is pretty good too.