PDA

View Full Version : Disabled parking

98xjguy
12-28-2016, 03:12 PM
I'm sick of it, my wife had a nasty head on car accident back in May and she's wheelchair bound and can't weight bear on her legs yet, anyhow, sometimes the parking requires the need to back up depending on which side the space to unload a walker/chair is on.. I had to park crooked and some bitch decided that she was gonna park in the space with the diagonal lines in it because I parked crooked.. Anyhow she left with her antenna bent all to hell and a $20 bill because I don't need cops around me

I'm just sick of it.. Anyone got a story about this to help me feel better?

(still sitting in the parking lot btw)

masterdebater

4.3LXJ
12-28-2016, 03:29 PM
Do you have a handicap emblem for the vehicle?

98xjguy
12-28-2016, 03:42 PM
Yes, I get dirty looks from people though I'm not invading into other people's parking spots... Can't really help our situation and when we can't find a spot we will double park away from the front trying to be respectful of others...

masterdebater

98xjguy
12-28-2016, 03:47 PM
Oh.. I should clarify that this lady had no business parking near a disabled parking, other than her cottage cheese lumpy oversized ass fitting into tights and clown makeup to match the personality she had no ailments and no disabled tag..

masterdebater

4.3LXJ
12-28-2016, 03:56 PM
I understand. My wife and I were in a head on many years ago. She nearly died and was using a walker for awhile. And I hear ya on out of shape people that can't even walk more than a few feet using the motorized carts etc.

98xjguy
12-28-2016, 04:01 PM
Sorry to hear man, my wife had 24 breaks and had to be flown to ohsu and has too much metal in her leg to get a decent xray to see if it's healing.. She got hit head on on the hwy, She was doing 60 and the guy that hit her was doing over 100 mph and killed himself..

Happened the day after mothers day on May 9th

masterdebater

4.3LXJ
12-28-2016, 04:03 PM
Mine had a broken back, ripped her diaphragm loose, punctured her Vena Cava vein. 1200 units of blood to save her

98xjguy
12-28-2016, 04:06 PM
Damn.. I suppose there is no such thing as a "nasty" head on crash, They're all nasty..

She broke both feet heels shins knees pelvis ball joint on her femur hip l2 vertebrae right arm and tore her corrated artery and still at risk for a stroke

masterdebater

4.3LXJ
12-28-2016, 04:08 PM
I hear ya. We have our issues too 25 years later

98xjguy
12-28-2016, 04:09 PM
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/586437c849f39/IMG954763.jpg?

Had to pull the top the door and the dash to get her out.. I arrived just as they were getting her out.. Thought she was dead

masterdebater

4.3LXJ
12-28-2016, 04:10 PM
I thought mine was too. Miracle she survived

98xjguy
12-28-2016, 04:14 PM
I thought mine was too. Miracle she survived
Worst feeling ever.. Thought the cop was lying to me when he said she's still breathing, I could see how she wasn't moving or making noises.. They wouldn't let me get closer..

Dude that died had shitty insurance and we'll be filing bankruptcy because of it.. Sucks we do what were supposed to and get screwed because a 21 year old can't keep his eyes open and does because of it... Cruel world

masterdebater

4.3LXJ
12-28-2016, 04:16 PM
Shitty insurance here too. Fortunately the State picked up the tab for us. Never did get anything out of Alstate even though the other driver was clearly at fault driving up the fast lane of the freeway the wrong way

98xjguy
12-28-2016, 04:22 PM
We have allstate to.. Best agent in the world is mine, lent me his personal truck for a month cause the rig my lady was in was our only vehicle and all state was taking their time to replace our rig..
We changed our policy a few months before this and it helped protect us, ended up with a small check and some monthly checks as my wife is the breadwinner and was sole income for the household..

Still we got a million dollar bill and a lot has been waived.. We were just getting out of a rut when all this happened.. Can't plan these things..

If I learned anything its that people don't usually have good underinsured motorist coverage..

Personal learning is that I now know who my friends are

masterdebater

4.3LXJ
12-28-2016, 04:23 PM
We learned that the hard way too

98xjguy
12-28-2016, 04:27 PM
As you may know.. The outlook on the level of recovery is pretty hard to determine
Sitting outside of the PT office right now as they make her work the legs

masterdebater

98xjguy
12-28-2016, 04:34 PM
Had this thing for 2 months.. First few day of owning it was rear ended and the rig seemed like a cursed vehicle.. Was a 2000 s10 blazer.. Now it's something that saved my wife
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u537/ohmesohurty/Mobile%20Uploads/20160516_102538_zpskr0r9gsj.jpg (http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/ohmesohurty/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160516_102538_zpskr0r9gsj.jpg.html)

masterdebater

denverd1
12-29-2016, 09:56 AM
geez, I can't imagine walking onto a scene like that. JB, prayers for you wife's recovery.
Steve, thankful yours recovered. Thats a LOT of blood.

98xjguy
12-29-2016, 11:21 AM
Yeah I didn't know what to do so I just stood there in complete shock.. Cop wouldn't let me go to her, when I arrived there was a long line of traffic so I had to run down the road around the corner and saw that..

I don't wish that on anybody

Btw the cars bumper is stuck to my wife's blazer.. In the pic you can see the green plastics

masterdebater

XJ Wheeler
12-29-2016, 02:29 PM
Sorry to hear your wife is going through this, and you too! But very glad you didn't lose her!

I haven't dealt with your exact frustrations but in the same vein. My mom was diagnosed with leukemia over four years ago and there have been times she's needed to be wheeled around. Now, she's stubborn and won't get the placard but parking this sucker and getting a wheelchair off the bed can be testing. But I guess we're use to parking where there's more space anyway and the little cars kinda avoid parking next to us. It's nice having 8 feet of steel plate across the back but a pain to park in a crowded area. Anyways, I'm rambling but don't worry about these selfish people and just focus on how blessed you are to be able to help your wife through this. It's a lesson I've learned the hard way... and have now forgotten and am learning again.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

bruggz351
12-31-2016, 12:44 AM
Wow. All the best, to your wife and yourself. One thing you can't help, is the other guy...
Good luck with it all, man.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

bluedragon436
12-31-2016, 07:45 AM
I'm sick of it, my wife had a nasty head on car accident back in May and she's wheelchair bound and can't weight bear on her legs yet, anyhow, sometimes the parking requires the need to back up depending on which side the space to unload a walker/chair is on.. I had to park crooked and some bitch decided that she was gonna park in the space with the diagonal lines in it because I parked crooked.. Anyhow she left with her antenna bent all to hell and a $20 bill because I don't need cops around me

I'm just sick of it.. Anyone got a story about this to help me feel better?

(still sitting in the parking lot btw)

masterdebater

You're a better man than me... I would definitely not have left the $20, would have left her a slightly modified designer lightning bolt antenna, and a quick call to the local police for her illegal parking in the first place.. Sorry to hear about all that you and your family are having to go through... Thoughts and prayers for you and your family, and hope it all works out for the best for you both.. and know that we'll be here for ya if you need a friendly ear or shoulder to cry on... Now armor up that XJ, so it'll be better prepared for when someone else wants to be stupid driving... aggravates the hell out of me, to know people who don't care or give two shits about anyone but themselves, don't have to suffer or pay for stuff like this, but the people that do right and take care of things, get screwed, almost every time!!

98xjguy
12-31-2016, 03:52 PM
You're a better man than me... I would definitely not have left the $20, would have left her a slightly modified designer lightning bolt antenna, and a quick call to the local police for her illegal parking in the first place.. Sorry to hear about all that you and your family are having to go through... Thoughts and prayers for you and your family, and hope it all works out for the best for you both.. and know that we'll be here for ya if you need a friendly ear or shoulder to cry on... Now armor up that XJ, so it'll be better prepared for when someone else wants to be stupid driving... aggravates the hell out of me, to know people who don't care or give two shits about anyone but themselves, don't have to suffer or pay for stuff like this, but the people that do right and take care of things, get screwed, almost every time!!
Yeah I coulda been a dick and not have up the $20 but it wasn't her van and the nice dude in the passenger seat looked irritated with her as well..
Also no cops, I'm currently facing jail time on Tuesday for flipping out in Wal-Mart causing 11.36 in damage.. Long story but the manager wasn't wanting to hear a complaint from me that has to do with sitting in line to find out if a phone is in stock.. My wife's feet swelled up after being in line for 20 minutes..
Really wish this shit didn't happen, I've kept my nose clean the last 15 years and now I got all this crap... Because of a stupid 21 year old that can't stay awake... Shoulda been in jail instead cause he was convicted of sex abuse earlier in February..

masterdebater

98xjguy
12-31-2016, 03:53 PM
Yeah I coulda been a dick and not gave up the $20 but it wasn't her van and the nice dude in the passenger seat looked irritated with her as well..
Also no cops, I'm currently facing jail time on Tuesday for flipping out in Wal-Mart causing 11.36 in damage.. Long story but the manager wasn't wanting to hear a complaint from me that has to do with sitting in line to find out if a phone is in stock.. My wife's feet swelled up after being in line for 20 minutes..
Really wish this shit didn't happen, I've kept my nose clean the last 15 years and now I got all this crap... Because of a stupid 21 year old that can't stay awake... Shoulda been in jail instead cause he was convicted of sex abuse earlier in February..

Just tired

masterdebater

bluedragon436
12-31-2016, 08:06 PM
Yeah I coulda been a dick and not gave up the $20 but it wasn't her van and the nice dude in the passenger seat looked irritated with her as well..

Just tired

masterdebater

Yeah that makes sense.. I can fully understand not wanting to get involved with more stupidity with the police... And I also agree that if the guy had been convicted he should have been in jail for sure... but once again the system fails the honest, law abiding public!!

98xjguy
12-31-2016, 08:28 PM
Yeah that makes sense.. I can fully understand not wanting to get involved with more stupidity with the police... And I also agree that if the guy had been convicted he should have been in jail for sure... but once again the system fails the honest, law abiding public!!
Yup, the system is flawed in a lot of ways
What's worse is I think Oregon passed a law this year putting a cap on pain and suffering payouts.. Think it's $500k. Too bad all the available insurance money went to medical bills, even had to pay for our own wheelchair ramp.. Such bullshit..

Not sure how he coulda been out so early.. Shoulda still been in prison.. System flawed, mommy and daddy probably bought a good bribing the DA lawyer and got a minimal sentence.. Never woulda happened if that dumb **** woulda been properly punished.. His family also wouldn't have lost a son either... Because one flaw another shows its face and shows another flaw, yet us poor ****s get ****ed even though we bought into insurance and did everything right.. Hard not to dwell on it when ya gotta empty a bedside toilet still...

masterdebater