PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Xj won't start

Pinkyman
11-20-2016, 08:27 PM
So yesterday I was driving pulling a trailer, and my trans overheated and I was puking trans fluid. I unhooked the trailer and drove it home without issue other than my coolant temp gauge not working.

I started it up today, and it started fine, I pulled it in the garage to clean up the fluid, top it off, and then I replaced the cap and rotor and wires. After the plug wires and cap and rotor, now it won't start. If I hold the gas, it will start, and idle and drive perfectly. But when I shut it off, I still can't start it without giving it gas....

Anyone have any ideas? I know I'm getting spark on all 6 cylinders, and I can smell the gas, so I'm confident it's not a fuel issue. I've started and ran it, and I still have no misfire or o2 codes or anything.

Pinkyman
11-20-2016, 09:24 PM
OK, I got it handled. After seeing that my coolant temp gauge wasn't working, I checked the connector, go figure the darn thing wiggled loose!

I fixed the connector, and boom, she fired right up! All my new parts are back in, and she is starting, idling and driving smooth as silk now!

Mudderoy
11-20-2016, 11:16 PM
Oh that's interesting. I had the same problem with the 99 but this was the TPS.