PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE of GEICO ins

OrangeXJ
11-08-2016, 07:36 AM
As some of you know I was involved in an accident back in Sep while driving my commercial truck. I was hit by a car that was insured by GEICO. I won't go into great detail of the accident but GEICO accepted full responsibility for the accident. It took them over a month to make me an offer on the truck. It was totaled. I got the check and bought a replacement truck. Being a self employed owner operator if I don't work I don't make any money. I filed a loss of income claim and after jumping through all there hoops to provide proper documentation I was offered 30 days of pay. Mind you I was injured during this wreck and won't be cleared to go back to work until the 22nd of this month. That's 72 days without pay and they know I won't be released to return to work until the 22nd. What a crock of shit they told me that was non negotiable and if I did not like it to hand it over to my attorney. I'm asking everyone who reads this to stay away from GEICO at all cost. My vette is insured with them because they had the lowest rate (1k a year) but as soon as this is all over I will be dropping them like a hot rock!!!!!

Mudderoy
11-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Insurance companies are stupid. They'll do something to save a dime, or make a dime not considering what it will cost them in the long run.

Farmer's insurance did something completely legal to me from an accident I had when I was 18 and uninsured. I believe they received $3,200 from me.

I have promised NEVER to purchase Farmer's insurance and I have never had it. Anytime their name comes up I tell people not to buy from them.

I hope they invested that $3,200 wisely otherwise it has cost them a lot more in $$$ and bad PR. :patriot:

cpttuna
11-08-2016, 07:45 PM
I think I'm very lucky. I have insurance with USAA and have never had a problem with them.(45 years)

Mudderoy
11-08-2016, 09:09 PM
I think I'm very lucky. I have insurance with USAA and have never had a problem with them.(45 years)

I've been with State Farm since I was in my 20's. I don't think there has ever been a claim made by me or against my policy.

Money for nothing.

slvmart
11-09-2016, 04:59 AM
I've learned, the hard way, to never settle with any insurance company on your own. Once you do, you have no recourse. Let your insurance company handle it, you might be ahead.

OrangeXJ
11-09-2016, 07:54 AM
I've learned, the hard way, to never settle with any insurance company on your own. Once you do, you have no recourse. Let your insurance company handle it, you might be ahead.

I have an attorney that's handling the personal injury side of the claim. They were going to handle the lost wage side also but they would have got 33 % of that for there fee. I decided I would handle that. I contacted them to get there advice. Seeing as GICO is only going to pay me for 30 days I would like to take that and have the attorney negotiate the other 41 days of lost wages or tack that onto the medical claim.

@tony I've had State Farm for 30 years and am pleased with them. With the exception of them canceling all homeowner policies on the gulf coast.

I've had 2 dealings with Farmers one bad and one good. Had homeowners ins with them for about 2 months after taking my money I got a letter from them saying I had to replace my roof and the grass in the back yard need to be mowed to continue coverage. The roof was less than 5yr old (replaced after Ike) and big deal about the grass in the back yard if they don't like it come and mow it. Dropped them and went with Allstate been happy with them.

The other dealing I had with them a vehicle insured by them hit my truck they were at fault and they bent over backwards to settle the claim quickly and fairley.

Mudderoy
11-09-2016, 08:02 AM
I have an attorney that's handling the personal injury side of the claim. They were going to handle the lost wage side also but they would have got 33 % of that for there fee. I decided I would handle that. I contacted them to get there advice. Seeing as GICO is only going to pay me for 30 days I would like to take that and have the attorney negotiate the other 41 days of lost wages or tack that onto the medical claim.

@tony I've had State Farm for 30 years and am pleased with them. With the exception of them canceling all homeowner policies on the gulf coast.

I've had 2 dealings with Farmers one bad and one good. Had homeowners ins with them for about 2 months after taking my money I got a letter from them saying I had to replace my roof and the grass in the back yard need to be mowed to continue coverage. The roof was less than 5yr old (replaced after Ike) and big deal about the grass in the back yard if they don't like it come and mow it. Dropped them and went with Allstate been happy with them.

The other dealing I had with them a vehicle insured by them hit my truck they were at fault and they bent over backwards to settle the claim quickly and fairley.

The girl that pulled over into my lane on 99 then fled, had Geico insurance. I didn't have any problem with them and they gave me $300+ for tire rubbing damage. Can't just buy one tire but $300+ paid for a tire and a half. I'm sure it just depends on the situation and how hard core the agent is.

OrangeXJ
11-09-2016, 08:55 AM
The girl that pulled over into my lane on 99 then fled, had Geico insurance. I didn't have any problem with them and they gave me $300+ for tire rubbing damage. Can't just buy one tire but $300+ paid for a tire and a half. I'm sure it just depends on the situation and how hard core the agent is.

This agent is a real bitch she has argued with me every step of the way and in my option is very un professional in the way she conducts business. Your dealings with GEICO is very different than mine your claim was small compared to my situation. They are having to pay out for 2 totaled vehicles and repairs to a third one plus medical and pain and suffering. The total pay out for this accident could easily be around 50k