PDA

View Full Version : Any good Apple OBD 2 apps?

nickyg
10-27-2016, 12:51 PM
I have torque on my tablet but they don't make it for my iPhone. What do you other Apple people use?

I don't mind spending a few bucks on one. I just don't want to download another app that don't live up to what it advertises.

Don't it look weird seeing the words good and apple in the same sentence?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

abebehrmann
10-27-2016, 01:33 PM
This is the one I have. Works for clearing and reading codes and also can log all your vehicle data and overlay it on a map.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/obd-fusion-obd2-vehicle-scan/id650684932?mt=8

In case you didn't know, I don't think your bluetooth OBDII scanner will work with your iPhone. When I bought mine, you had to buy the wifi OBDII scanner if you wanted to use it with an iPhone. It's kinda annoying too, since when your phone is connected to wifi, it won't use cellular data. So if you want to use internet or send a text message with your data, you have to turn of your wifi in order to use data. For this reason, I rarely use it for vehicle data logging, I pretty much only use it for checking and clearing codes.

nickyg
10-27-2016, 02:35 PM
This is the one I have. Works for clearing and reading codes and also can log all your vehicle data and overlay it on a map.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/obd-fusion-obd2-vehicle-scan/id650684932?mt=8

In case you didn't know, I don't think your bluetooth OBDII scanner will work with your iPhone. When I bought mine, you had to buy the wifi OBDII scanner if you wanted to use it with an iPhone. It's kinda annoying too, since when your phone is connected to wifi, it won't use cellular data. So if you want to use internet or send a text message with your data, you have to turn of your wifi in order to use data. For this reason, I rarely use it for vehicle data logging, I pretty much only use it for checking and clearing codes.

Thanks, I found out the hard way too about the bluetooth OBD 2 readers and I phones. I have a wifi one too.