PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a 4.6/4.7 Stroker?

99jeepxj
10-22-2016, 09:46 PM
I'm in the process of checking out various stroker motors for my xj. Wasn't sure if I'm able to post that here or not. I'm new to this site and would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

bluedragon436
10-25-2016, 06:57 AM
What are you looking at as far as options on your 4.6/4.7 search?? I've been looking myself, as my current engine is worn out. I don't say that it is worn out just due to it's 240+K of miles, but due to the crap upkeep and treatment it received from the PO's, and would like to replace it with one that is in better shape, so that I can have the peace of mind to know that it will get me down the road or to the trails and home safely and reliably and even more so if I have my little one with me... so figure for a small bit more I can upgrade and have more power as well as all of the already mentioned pluses of a new engine.

Pookapotamus
10-25-2016, 07:33 AM
I run a stroker, what info are you looking for?

I daily drive mine, it's a 4.6, built by myself, balanced, roller rockers, and a couple of other goodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99jeepxj
10-25-2016, 09:28 AM
I'm looking for specs on what parts were use along with dyno sheets to show up and torque. I don't have the time or skills to build my own or a machine shop nearby. I was looking into buying the golen 4.6 makes about 270hp. What accessories are you running on your stroker? Hi flow water pump, bigger injectors, intake, header and that stuff

99jeepxj
10-25-2016, 09:30 AM
I've been looking at parts to build one from a bunch of companies and then also prices on just buying one pre build with a warranty and dropping it in. I like the golen just waiting for a response from them. Also talked with Russ pottinger he makes some nice motors still waiting on a build quote from him. It all depends if you want to buy or build. I wouldn't mind bulding but I don't have the time or machine shop nearby to do the bore work. And I like that warranty it's a nice thing when you spend $3-5k on a motor.

bluedragon436
10-27-2016, 07:18 AM
I've been looking at parts to build one from a bunch of companies and then also prices on just buying one pre build with a warranty and dropping it in. I like the golen just waiting for a response from them. Also talked with Russ pottinger he makes some nice motors still waiting on a build quote from him. It all depends if you want to buy or build. I wouldn't mind bulding but I don't have the time or machine shop nearby to do the bore work. And I like that warranty it's a nice thing when you spend $3-5k on a motor.

Yeah I've been looking and am stuck between the Golen and the Titan 4.7.. I like the Titan engine because they have their head that has the larger LS1 valves.. I was thinking about talking to Pottinger as well.. so look forward to seeing what kind of quote you get from him...

99jeepxj
10-27-2016, 07:24 AM
Yeah I've been looking and am stuck between the Golen and the Titan 4.7.. I like the Titan engine because they have their head that has the larger LS1 valves.. I was thinking about talking to Pottinger as well.. so look forward to seeing what kind of quote you get from him...

Personally I've done a lot of research and I've seen terrible stories about Titan.