PDA

View Full Version : Matching Diff covers vs. not matching diff covers?

whosINAxj
09-21-2016, 09:09 AM
hey guys,
I'm taking a survey. I'm wondering if you guys match your aftermarket diff covers or not.

I purchased a "X" brand Diff cover for the rear and now I'm stuck with trying to figure out if I want the front one to match.

If your a guy that doesn't have matching front and rear diff covers what was your reasoning behind it other then buying what was on sale..

Thanks in advance

denverd1
09-21-2016, 09:45 AM
yes, match them if you can. Solid covers are good for the $$ and they should make both for your rig, not sure about the 35 tho

4.3LXJ
09-21-2016, 10:14 AM
Matching is more classy

whosINAxj
09-21-2016, 05:54 PM
Thanks. I Got the G2 Aluminum rear 8.25 cover.

Would like to get the Same diff cover for the front 30 but was
a little worried about there strength compared to the steal diff covers.
Like the tera flex diff cover. Thanks for the reply's

XJ Wheeler
09-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Nothing wrong with running different covers. But if you like the covers from one company you'd probably just buy both if they make them for both your exact axles. But there are circumstances like an ox locker has there own, or finding a used one and buying a new one for the other end. I personally run Riddler covers and I like the look but they're not made the best.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Mudderoy
09-22-2016, 05:57 AM
I always try to go with functionality first. Get the best diff cover for the front. Frankly I'm a little turned off by embossed logos or really anything on a diff cover that isn't made for beating.

If you want to get something fancy put it on the back. It doesn't have to be as strong and more people are going to see it.

I went with RuffStuff front and rear for mine, mostly bent metal with a few welds. Heavy and beefy. I was holding off on installing the rear diff until the air locker was installed but that's taking forever.

Besides with all the oil and road grime even a nice bright paint job goes away quickly and who wants to be cleaning diff covers all the time.

nickyg
09-22-2016, 07:55 AM
I thought "Diff" meant different covers.

whosINAxj
09-22-2016, 12:10 PM
lol, ^

Mudderoy , That was my main concern. The front diff cover is always the first one to say hello to the rocks.
I will consider convince of a drain plug vs. the toughness and can get you home after that hit.

Mudderoy
09-22-2016, 03:42 PM
lol, ^

mudderoy , that was my main concern. The front diff cover is always the first one to say hello to the rocks.
I will consider convince of a drain plug vs. The toughness and can get you home after that hit.

bluedragon436
09-23-2016, 03:26 AM
I'd say match... but no real reason behind having/needing too... I purchased a set of Undercover Fab diff covers... but have since purchased a set of Solid covers, mainly because they were on sale, and they are already powder coated and ready to install.. lol

whosINAxj
12-11-2016, 12:14 AM
Thanks guys for all your input. I decided to go with Matching Diff covers. I ended up with the G2 HD aluminum Diff covers front and back.

I was able to get the front Diff cover for free when I purchased my ring and pinion gears. 4wheelparts is having a deal on ring gears sets. Buy a front and rear set and get a free diff cover of your choice. Thought I would share.

Later

denverd1
12-19-2016, 12:37 PM
Thanks guys for all your input. I decided to go with Matching Diff covers. I ended up with the G2 HD aluminum Diff covers front and back.

I was able to get the front Diff cover for free when I purchased my ring and pinion gears. 4wheelparts is having a deal on ring gears sets. Buy a front and rear set and get a free diff cover of your choice. Thought I would share.

Later
need a pic man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk