PDA

View Full Version : No power to MULTIPLE ITEMS

onthatdove
07-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Hello everyone. I have a 2000 XJ Classic 4x4. Everything was mint then one day I get in and the windshield wipers, radio, electric mirrors, electric windows no longer work. With a test light I have checked all fuses in the kick-panel and under hood. No fuses are burnt, but like @ fuses in kick-panel are not getting voltage and @ 3 fuses in hood fuse panel not getting any voltage. Do any of you have any idea where to trace the relays or bus that feeds multiple circuits in the fuse panel?

Mudderoy
07-29-2016, 01:02 PM
Hello everyone. I have a 2000 XJ Classic 4x4. Everything was mint then one day I get in and the windshield wipers, radio, electric mirrors, electric windows no longer work. With a test light I have checked all fuses in the kick-panel and under hood. No fuses are burnt, but like @ fuses in kick-panel are not getting voltage and @ 3 fuses in hood fuse panel not getting any voltage. Do any of you have any idea where to trace the relays or bus that feeds multiple circuits in the fuse panel?

I know you checked the fuses, but I'd look and see what each fuse does. See if there is a correlation to what's not working and a fuse.

I think all the power comes from the PDU. I don't think those items are on a relay, that would mean a wire was disconnected, cut, or a fuse is bad.

Roqon>
07-29-2016, 03:51 PM
"radio, electric mirrors, electric windows"
Does the radio show stations. If so all these items may have a wiring problem in the rubber boot between the front of the doors and the door jamb.
If that is the case, the wipers may be a fuse, bad switch, bad motor or...

What the fuses and relays do can be seen here:
http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Electrical/1997_UP_Fuse_Identification.htm