PDA

View Full Version : Stainless steel brained brake lines.

dagod16
07-25-2016, 01:46 PM
I need to replace a brake line so I thought... lets do it right! Stainless braided lines. I was going to start with the back since I have a leak in the back.

So far all I can find is this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-TJ-YJ-XJ-Rough-Country-Stainless-Steel-Extended-Rear-Brake-Line-89703-/231521353144?fits=Year%3A2001%7CMake%3AJeep%7CMode l%3ACherokee%7CSubmodel%3ALimited%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A4.0L&hash=item35e7bf7db8:g:h5wAAOSwGotWp~Hw&vxp=mtr

Can you guys and gals help me find the braided lines that go from the link above to each of the rear wheels?

Thanks

dagod16
07-25-2016, 01:50 PM
I don't just want to put a regular brake line back into it. I want to upgrade.

Pinkyman
07-25-2016, 02:13 PM
I may be mistaken, but i thought there was only 1 extended (stainless) line for the rear? It goes from the body down to the axle (thats the one you want longer), And then you have hard lines from the "T" mounted to the axle, out to the wheels, since they dont move.

I apologize if im reading this wrong. I may not be understanding the question.

dagod16
07-25-2016, 02:36 PM
I found the stainless from the body to the axle T line. But do they make stainless from the wheel to the T line?

4.3LXJ
07-25-2016, 04:19 PM
The link you provided looks like a front brake line

bluedragon436
07-26-2016, 05:27 AM
I haven't seen any stainless steel braided lines for the T-fitting out to the wheels... only ones I've ever seen are the front soft line and the rear body to axle soft line replacements/upgrades... IIRC you want to keep the hard lines that are on the axles, albeit if you need to replace those due to leaking I would say get new ones through Rock Auto or something like that... but IIRC for proper operation of the brake system, it is better to keep the hard lines from the T-fitting to the wheels.. as they don't expand and you keep as much pressure to the brakes as possible...

XJ Wheeler
07-26-2016, 02:24 PM
There is three hard lines going to distribute brake fluid to the wheels from the master cylinder. Two of the hard lines go to each front inner fender, then each has a soft hose to connect the hard line to the caliper. The other hard line is a long one, and goes along the inner side of the drivers side frame rail ending as the floor/frame bends up to accomodat the rear axle. A soft line connects there and runs to the axle where it goes into a brake fluid distribution block (T block) to split the fluid to two more hard lines that head toward each end of the axle and connect to the wheel cylinders.

You'll need THREE stainless brake hoses to fully upgrade. Two for the front and one rear.

Hope that clears some of this up. ;)

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.