PDA

View Full Version : FYI Transmission Mount

Klaatu55
07-13-2016, 01:34 PM
Just in case anyone else has this problem. I haven't seen it posted anywhere and it came up with me. Shop Changed my engine head in February. While they were at it they changed my motor mounts. Later on (June) I decided to change my transmission mount to keep things consistent. The transmission mount change went routinely with a lot of help from the forum and utube. The cross member was the hardest. A stout Philips screwdriver used as a drift pin makes it easier. But the important lesson I learned was that: The mount can be installed either way. The wrong way will twist the engine on the motor mounts causing a vibration and causing the auxiliary electric fan to contact the power steering pump pulley ,eating up both the fan blade and pulley flange,plus i believe it was causing a vibration in the transmission due to metal on motor mount contacting car frame. I noticed vibration. but didn't notice engine had turned until warmer weather,when auxiliary fan came on. So remember which way old transmission mount came off. That crossmemeber is tough enough to reinstall the one time.

Klaatu55
07-15-2016, 06:42 PM
Found good information here:

http://ka3tfh.com/JeepInfo/XJ/3503856-Jeep-XJ-2000-25-Emission-Control-Systems.pdf