PDA

View Full Version : Climate control problem on my 96

ch3wy099
07-05-2016, 09:32 AM
So one morning when I went out to my Jeep Cherokee XJ it was very cold. I turned my cabin temperature to heat but no heat was coming out and the temperature was still going up. Later on the day it got hot and I wanted the AC on so I moved the temperature to the colder side but it gets really hard to move it all the way. Theres an extra inch it can move but its almost stuck. I think the piece broke off the tab to move the temperature. Does someone else have any other ideas as to why my heat is only room temperature? Or how I can fix my cabin temperature changer?

I know this may be the wrong section to ask this but I'm very new to this site.

abebehrmann
07-05-2016, 02:53 PM
So one morning when I went out to my Jeep Cherokee XJ it was very cold. I turned my cabin temperature to heat but no heat was coming out and the temperature was still going up. Later on the day it got hot and I wanted the AC on so I moved the temperature to the colder side but it gets really hard to move it all the way. Theres an extra inch it can move but its almost stuck. I think the piece broke off the tab to move the temperature. Does someone else have any other ideas as to why my heat is only room temperature? Or how I can fix my cabin temperature changer?

I know this may be the wrong section to ask this but I'm very new to this site.

I'm sorry, I don't have any experience working with any of the HVAC controls on the XJ, but to me it sounds like there might be something hung up with the blend door?

There are much more knowledgeable people around here that should be commenting soon and they will be able to offer a lot more help than I can.

4.3LXJ
07-05-2016, 03:39 PM
I don't have any experience with the 96, but you will need to pull the bezel and check the controls and especially the cable that goes to the blend door and the blend door itself. Whatever the fix is, that much you will have to do to find out what the problem is.

ch3wy099
07-05-2016, 04:21 PM
I took a flashlight and checked. The tab didn't break off the hand. So I have no clue why it almost gets stuck at the end. It will pull all the way to the side with enough force. But when it goes towards the heat side, it just blows room temperature air.

XJ Wheeler
07-09-2016, 12:45 PM
You may need to flush your heater core to get that heat to really flow. They can get clogged up with junk over the years and not let the hot coolant flow through to heat it up.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.