PDA

View Full Version : What are you THANKFUL for?

Mudderoy
11-25-2009, 09:38 AM
I am thankful for my family. I guess I could say I am thankful for my job, but really the job is just something I do so I can help support my family.

I'm also thankful for all of you! This site is a lot of fun for me, and without you well it wouldn't be fun at all.

Thank you to all that visit and share here on xjtalk, and I hope you have a very happy thanksgiving!

DETOURS
11-25-2009, 10:19 AM
The ability to do what I do every day....
My Mother.....
My Wife & Son.....
Our 'Random Pic of the Day' thread on XJTALK.COM.........:thumbsup:

Ruinator
11-25-2009, 10:24 AM
The health and love of my family. A job I enjoy. (and my XJ).
And this site, Naxja may have more info in its searchable History, but this sites format is the best!!:cheerleader:

xjtalk rocks:patriot:

Dirt Dogg Rydas
11-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Thankful that I've been able to spend most of this year at home with my 15mo. old son since I was wrongfully discharged from my last job in march.
and for my wife that has put up with me just being home
also thankful that I get to see my daughter Alexis and my son Kaegen on a regular basis.

Mudderoy
11-25-2009, 11:41 AM
The ability to do what I do every day....
My Mother.....
My Wife & Son.....
Our 'Random Pic of the Day' thread on XJTALK.COM.........:thumbsup:

Yeah and at 27k+ views, I'm pretty thankful for the post, the idea, even though we're all going to hell for enjoying it. :rotfl2:

96xj
11-25-2009, 11:47 AM
well since i givien up @ the age of 3yrs old I don't have a mom or dad :boohoo: I'm grateful for my loving wife and a great dog , and since i have no family I'm grateful that i adopted xjtalk and its members as my family what a great bunch of people here :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
11-25-2009, 11:56 AM
well since i givien up @ the age of 3yrs old I don't have a mom or dad :boohoo: I'm grateful for my loving wife and a great dog , and since i have no family I'm grateful that i adopted xjtalk and its members as my family what a great bunch of people here :thumbsup:

I had both parents to the age of 24 and my Mom, now 87. I can tell you this. I know my parents loved me and provided for me, but as far as family go my wife's parents, and family have shown me more family love that I received from my biological parents.

In fact last year my Mom was upset when she saw me hugging my wife's Mom. My mother in-law has hugged me from day one. Hugging wasn't something we did in my childhood family. So I naturally don't hug my Mom, but of course she doesn't hug me.

My wife's family are originally from Mexico (40+ years ago now) and they are all about family! I've never hugged so many pretty girls, uhhhh, I mean cousin in-laws! :rotfl2:

96xj
11-25-2009, 12:08 PM
I had both parents to the age of 24 and my Mom, now 87. I can tell you this. I know my parents loved me and provided for me, but as far as family go my wife's parents, and family have shown me more family love that I received from my biological parents.

In fact last year my Mom was upset when she saw me hugging my wife's Mom. My mother in-law has hugged me from day one. Hugging wasn't something we did in my childhood family. So I naturally don't hug my Mom, but of course she doesn't hug me.

My wife's family are originally from Mexico (40+ years ago now) and they are all about family! I've never hugged so many pretty girls, uhhhh, I mean cousin in-laws! :rotfl2:

i get alot of love from my wife's family they are really great people italians are so family oriented they almost make me feel like a kid again

Melissa
11-25-2009, 02:36 PM
I am thankful for my daughters..........
and thanful for my life, I am so spoiled..........I get to do pretty much what I want when I want

DETOURS
11-25-2009, 02:42 PM
I am so spoiled..........I get to do pretty much what I want when I want

Can I come up and hang out with you??? :rolleyes:

Melissa
11-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Can I come up and hang out with you??? :rolleyes:

Sure, bring the whole family, I've got lots of room :thumbsup:

DETOURS
11-25-2009, 06:02 PM
I role solo on road trips...........:rolleyes:

That way I'm not trusted to babysit..........:smiley-laughing021:

DETOURS
11-25-2009, 06:10 PM
I forgot to add Sabina Kelly to my Thankful list.................I reserve the right to add to this list throughout 2010.........:popcorn:

xjjeepthing
11-25-2009, 07:37 PM
What he said^

My family and a non explosive house

4.3LXJ
11-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Each year on Oct 15, my wife and I are thankful we are alive. We had been married only four months, I was just starting grad school, we had been living in a tent for three weeks waiting for our mobile home to arrive. It arrived and we were headed back to the farm with most of our clothes to wash and pick up a load of furniture and move in. When we got to Portland, we were hit head on by an 86 year old man driving up the fast lane of the interstate the wrong way. I came out of it OK with just some facial injuries and broken wrist, but my wife had a broken back and all of her internals torn loose and our daughter had a spinal fracture. I thought the wife was toast, but they pulled her through with a 120 unit blood transfusion and four more surgeries. She spent two weeks in intensive care and another 5 weeks in intermediate care. They both had to wear back braces for some time afterwards.

All the rest of the many blessings we have are just icing on the cake.

DETOURS
11-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Wow, thankyou for sharing...thats incredable....

Mudderoy
11-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Each year on Oct 15, my wife and I are thankful we are alive. We had been married only four months, I was just starting grad school, we had been living in a tent for three weeks waiting for our mobile home to arrive. It arrived and we were headed back to the farm with most of our clothes to wash and pick up a load of furniture and move in. When we got to Portland, we were hit head on by an 86 year old man driving up the fast lane of the interstate the wrong way. I came out of it OK with just some facial injuries and broken wrist, but my wife had a broken back and all of her internals torn loose and our daughter had a spinal fracture. I thought the wife was toast, but they pulled her through with a 120 unit blood transfusion and four more surgeries. She spent two weeks in intensive care and another 5 weeks in intermediate care. They both had to wear back braces for some time afterwards.

What about the 86 year old driver that caused the accident?

4.3LXJ
11-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Walked away. He got a big fine, and license jerked.

96xj
11-26-2009, 01:32 PM

:eek: it sounds like you got alot to be thankful for , how are they doing now ? god bless you and your family happy thanksgiving

4.3LXJ
11-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Wife is fairly normal, except she is a little fragile at times around where they pinned her spine. You can't hit it for instance, nor can I carry her over the threshold anymore. She lost quite a bit of her lung capacity so she gets winded easily and can't sing anymore. Daughter is OK. I Just have one more ugly scar.

Mudderoy
11-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Wife is fairly normal, except she is a little fragile at times around where they pinned her spine. You can't hit it for instance, nor can I carry her over the threshold anymore. She lost quite a bit of her lung capacity so she gets winded easily and can't sing anymore. Daughter is OK. I Just have one more ugly scar.

It's horrible that people have to suffer, but at least they are alive and able to continue with their lives. I know you wish it had been you and not them, but God probably left you strong because you were the one that needed to be there to take care of them. I'm so happy to hear that no one's life ended.

4.3LXJ
11-26-2009, 06:27 PM
It's horrible that people have to suffer, but at least they are alive and able to continue with their lives. I know you wish it had been you and not them, but God probably left you strong because you were the one that needed to be there to take care of them. I'm so happy to hear that no one's life ended.

Thank you. One reason I made it through was that I pushed the steering wheel toward the dash, (Big Bad knows what I am talking about) That is how I broke my wrist. If I didn't have a rubber neck that is all that would have happened. My strength saved me, the ratchet in the seat belt failed to work. If I had depended on that harness, I would probably have been toast.

Once I got her out of jail, I took over her care. They wanted to put her in a nursing home for a couple of months for therapy to recoup her strength. But I got it back for her in two weeks. I just took her shopping at the mall every day. Best kind of therapy for a woman.:D

BlueXJ
11-27-2009, 12:00 AM
After reading all that I have way too much to be thankful for to list here. Thank you to everyone that,posted their story on this thread. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving I sure did.

Melissa
11-27-2009, 03:02 PM

WOW..........thanks for sharing.............glad everyone lived

N1TZU
11-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Thank God for all His the grace and miracles in life 4.3LXJ,......I'm thankful to God and Christ for almost 18 years of sobriety and a secound chance in life and of course my family and all of you people here at XJT...Thank you all for sharing your thanks.......