PDA

View Full Version : U Connect bluetooth audio delay

BenLavNZ
06-07-2016, 11:39 PM
I've owned my 2013 JK now for about 5-6 weeks. One thing I have noticed is the horrendous delay in audio via bluetooth, not for phone calls, that is fine, but specifically podcasts, music etc.

If I am killing time watching movies on my Galaxy S6, I can forget about streaming netflix though my speaks unless I want a 4-5 second audio delay.

Short of getting a new stereo, which is really low on my list of modification criteria, any resolution to this?

4.3LXJ
06-08-2016, 12:27 AM
That is a good question Ben. We should ask Tammy if she has this problem with hers or whether it is just your unit

BenLavNZ
06-08-2016, 12:34 AM
will keep an eye out. i've found a potential option i havent tried yet is to feed audio via the usb port. unfortunately, i then lose the samsung fast charger ability via my 12v inverter.

4.3LXJ
06-08-2016, 12:36 AM
Should be able to take care of that with a USB charger that uses cigarette lighter port

NW99XJ
06-09-2016, 09:55 AM
There will always be some degree of latency with bluetooth audio. It's just the nature of the beast. Just as you will never get true HD audio from a bluetooth stream. There;s just too much data that has to be compressed so much to send over that kind of signal. Then it has to be processed at both ends. Granted this usually all takes place in a fraction of a second (typically) ...so the "noticeable" latency/delay isn't that obvious. The delay however IS a common problem in JK's, especially the ones with the "Uconnect" systems. To my knowledge there is no fix, or "workaround" for this specific issue, other than replacing the head unit.

xj-jake
06-09-2016, 09:59 AM
Hello Ben and welcome to Xj-Talk.

Josh is correct there will always be a delay with using Bluetooth in the JK's and especially the ones with that U-Connect system. The new Rams have the 8.4A U-Connect in them and they do work better but there is still some delay.

You are correct that if you feed the audio through the usb port in the dash the audio delay should go away and on top of that you will get better audio quality. Good luck!

BenLavNZ
06-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Thanks all. I'll give the cable path a crack and see how I go.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Joliet Johnny
10-25-2016, 03:06 AM
I just tested Netflix in the Renegade using an LG Stylo plus 2. I noticed noting wrong. If your JK has an aux input that may be your best bet. Also maybe there is an update for the Uconnect? I believe the update can be done with a flash drive.

BenLavNZ
10-25-2016, 03:12 AM
Ohh really. Ok ill check that out.

BenLavNZ
10-25-2016, 03:19 AM
Doh! No. No updates available.