PDA

View Full Version : Flag disrespect and desecration.

Outlaw star
06-03-2016, 02:45 PM
Does anyone else get mad or irritated everytime someone disrespects our flag?
Had a good argument with a Liberal Hippie Douchebag who claims he can burn or stomp ANY US flag he choses because of the fact some are made overseas. As a service member, I believe it's STILL our flag and it's not about where it was made but rather what it stands for. Needed to vent before I get the urge to punch "him" (not much of a man in my eyes) in his throat for wasting precious oxygen.

4.3LXJ
06-03-2016, 03:27 PM
Where it is made is irrelevant. Though as a matter of principle they should all be made here. It is just another excuse to bend or break the rules of society

bluedragon436
06-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Yeah, no I don't care where they're made.. they're still a US flag, and still stand for all of those that have served... and even more so those that made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our country... I would certainly prefer they all be made here in the US... but either way makes my blood boil when I see these ungrateful ****s stepping all over and burning our flag... I was telling a friend of mine, that hopefully I never see someone doing it when I'm passing by in my Jeep.. or I may be putting my steel bumper to the test...

Joliet Johnny
10-23-2016, 03:46 AM
I do enjoy the videos of them catching fire while burning a flag. I didn't serve in the military but stupid people doing stupid things with flags doesn't offend me. When I shoot my guns, eat tastey bacon or turn the key on my XJ to take a trip down a road that I don't know where it goes and find something cool is when I appreciate the sacrifices those who serve make for me. The flag is just a symbol of the ideals this country is supposed to stand for. But its a hydra. You buy one to burn the flag makers make more to replace it and I think that is more of a symbol for this country than the flag its self. It shows you can screw with us but we will rise from the fire stronger. That's just how I feel.

blazer2
10-23-2016, 07:43 AM
I have a views on this.
1. Its the American flag there are rules for it use them.
2. Its is the person's write to do with the flag. He/she
Payed for it.
3. Don't go crying the media when some vet stomps
A mud hole in ya.
4. Me and my brothers and sisters have fought and died for the American flag.

zombiedog29
10-23-2016, 05:01 PM
You don't sound dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blazer2
10-24-2016, 08:24 PM
I am not dead. I have lost brothers and sisters.
Is what I meant to say.

Charlie Foxtrot
12-25-2016, 06:43 PM
Outlaw star

Flag disrespect and desecration.

Does anyone else get mad or irritated everytime someone disrespects our flag?
Had a good argument with a Liberal Hippie Douchebag who claims he can burn or stomp ANY US flag he choses because of the fact some are made overseas. As a service member, I believe it's STILL our flag and it's not about where it was made but rather what it stands for. Needed to vent before I get the urge to punch "him" (not much of a man in my eyes) in his throat for wasting precious oxygen.

Yes, it upsets me when folks disrespect our flag.

Arguing with "Liberal Hippie Douchebag" is a waste of your precious time. Its kind of like wrestling with pigs - you both get dirty & the swine love it.

Manufacturing country of origin is irrelevant for the purposes of this discussion. Ownership may be relevant as to the concept of destruction of personal property, but is irrelevant as to the concept of disrespect.

Desecrating the flag's basic intent is to incite a violent response. Its a childlike dare to onlookers. Its a 'Look at me!' stunt that provokes so that the protester can also claim victim status.

We don't get much of that where I live. It is a very rural area where most families have kin who have served or are on active duty. One of the nearby communities has a commemorative park with a plaque that has over 900 names of residents who have died in combat over the years. The town's population is less than 200. No flag burning there.

I'm not sure that there is an easy way to clean this mess up. Its to late to impress upon these folks basic goodness of our country. If we truly believe in the first amendment, we have to allow these folks the opportunity to express themselves. We don't have to pay for it. We shouldn't ignore it. We have a right to disagree with the protestor. We have a right to defend ourselves from any real aggression from these folks.

Thanks to those who have answered the call of their nation. Uniformed service to our country is often misunderstood and undervalued. Please treat returning vets with the respect they have earned.

OldFaurt
12-26-2016, 10:12 AM
Because of who has been put in our Supreme Court, The act of burning or desecrating our flag has been considered a 1rst amendment right... I feel that those who decided that dishonoured our country. A citizen having the right to disrespect our country is one thing. But disrespecting the symbols that represent what we stand for as a nation is not a freedom of speech, it is an act of rebellion and a direct attack on our Country! Therefore it is not an act of a citizen. At least in the way I see it. The important part of this type of conversation is, We as Americans, STAND UP for those symbols, make their abuse unacceptable. Making them illegal to abuse only makes them more potent a tool against us, but how we feel about it, how we respond to it in public, will make a difference. Don't walk away, Don't say "What ever ass hole" Tell them how you feel, tell them they are out of line, tell them they are abusing their right for an invalid cause. God Bless America, God Keep America and I vow to do the same.

Let us take our pride and love for our Country in strength into the new year!

It may be a bumpy road, But hey, That's why we drive Jeeps, Right?

cpttuna
12-26-2016, 10:22 AM
sooner or later, someone will burn a flag and someone will walk up a put a bullet in them. Unfortunate, but I see it happening(first amendment right or not)

98xjguy
12-27-2016, 08:21 PM
Nobody has rights, they're called privileges and they can be revoked and/or modified whether we like it or not.. Flag burning is what it is.. Either we like it or not it's going to happen, if someone wants to pop one in someone's head for doing so then I think that person should be evaluated.. People that get too emotional and let it control their actions should be evaluated.. Put the feet in the other shoes and try to understand and let them also understand where you stand.. I think it's a beautiful process.. Yet people get too emotional and let it override their actions..

America, **** yeah!

masterdebater

Charlie Foxtrot
01-30-2017, 02:23 PM
in re: cpttuna
"sooner or later, someone will burn a flag and someone will walk up a put a bullet in them."

http://fox2now.com/2017/01/30/fedex-backs-driver-who-stopped-protesters-from-burning-american-flag/

No bullet, just a blast from a fire extinguisher.

denverd1
01-30-2017, 03:22 PM
^ solid dude right there. I'd like to shake his hand. personally, would have been tough fighting off the urge of bashing a millennial boob in the head with it.

MattybPDX
01-30-2017, 06:00 PM
It's currently covered under free speech but I don't get the point. The flag represents us as a people, not the system that you (the burner) has a problem with. To me it seems like empty shock value.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Charlie Foxtrot
01-30-2017, 07:17 PM
I sometimes wonder if the burner is just some dufus trying to impress some girl. Or impress his other dufus buddies.

denverd1
02-01-2017, 11:24 AM
I sometimes wonder if the burner is just some dufus trying to impress some girl. Or impress his other dufus buddies.

when I think about the men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice so these pricks can have the privilege and freedom to do something so immature... it really pisses me off.
http://www.military-history.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Raising-The-Flag-On-Iwo-Jima-Joe-Rosenthal.jpg

They should be arrested and give minimum 6 months military service in the toughest environment we can find. night watch at our base in Siberia or some shit. doubtful, but they might have a different perspective when they get back.

Should be illegal on American soil for sure.

4.3LXJ
02-01-2017, 03:06 PM
Perhaps they would like to burn the Iranian flag in Iran, or Chinese flag in China? You know what I mean

abebehrmann
02-01-2017, 03:29 PM
Perhaps they would like to burn the Iranian flag in Iran, or Chinese flag in China? You know what I mean

I see this as proof why flag burning should be kept legal. You burn another country's flag in that country and they might put you to death or throw you in jail.

I think you should have the right in America to do whatever you want unless it infringes on another person's rights. You should be able to burn whatever the hell you want on your own property and nobody, especially the government should be able to say anything about it unless it infringes on someone else's rights.

You want to burn a pic of Obama or Trump? Go right ahead as long as it doesn't infringe on my rights.

Want to put a big block V8 in your MG? Go right ahead (and send me pics and video of the burnout)!

Want to burn a Mexican Flag, Canadian Flag, American Flag, Iranian Flag, and whatever else flag you want to throw in there? I wouldn't do it, but go right ahead!

Want to proudly fly a Nazi Flag on your property? Well I don't agree with that and you're probably somebody I wouldn't want to touch with a 10 foot pole, but go right ahead!

We live in the greatest country in the world and it's that way because we're free to do and say as we want as long as it doesn't infringe upon another person's right to do and say as they want, even if it offends the hell out of you.

4.3LXJ
02-01-2017, 03:34 PM
That wasn't my point. Yes they have the "right". But one of the best things you can do for your kids as teenagers is to send them, without you, to some third world country without power or cell towers to work for a couple of weeks helping these people while sleeping on a dirt floor and eating what they eat. The come back different kids and really appreciate what they have. Same needs to be done to these people that lack common sense enough to know where rights come from and why they have them

abebehrmann
02-01-2017, 04:04 PM
That wasn't my point. Yes they have the "right". But one of the best things you can do for your kids as teenagers is to send them, without you, to some third world country without power or cell towers to work for a couple of weeks helping these people while sleeping on a dirt floor and eating what they eat. The come back different kids and really appreciate what they have. Same needs to be done to these people that lack common sense enough to know where rights come from and why they have them

My mistake, I misunderstood you. That's a good point, a lot of people don't realize what they have until they're made to live without it for a while.

It is pretty ironic that the rights that the flag symbolizes also gives them the right to destroy it.

Charlie Foxtrot
02-01-2017, 08:24 PM
Denver D 1
They should be arrested and give minimum 6 months military service in the toughest environment we can find. night watch at our base in Siberia or some . doubtful, but they might have a different perspective when they get back.

I really don't want them in my unit. I wouldn't wish them on any unit. The military isn't punishment. It's an honorable calling. Over the years well meaning souls tried using the choice of serving time or 'volunteering' for active duty as a form of redemptive punishment. I don't recall any success stories, just F ups that made it tougher for everyone else. When you are in a trick bag you need to depend on your battle buddy. It just doesn't work if you have to deal with some F-up rando on your flank. Stuff like that gets folks killed. When I signed up there was a draft and the service was sometimes used as a 'get out of jail' tactic. It didn't work too well. One of the best things that happened in my lifetime was the all volunteer military. It isn't perfect, but I don't want it tainted. As a civilian, I now work with careerists (we used to call them lifers) and "first term-rs" as well (aka the E-4 mafia). Lots of these young guys and gals are fresh from SW Asia, some are headed back. Their life has enough challenges without having to deal with the type of jerks that burn flags.

denverd1
02-02-2017, 02:14 PM
I really don't want them in my unit. I wouldn't wish them on any unit. The military isn't punishment. It's an honorable calling. Over the years well meaning souls tried using the choice of serving time or 'volunteering' for active duty as a form of redemptive punishment. I don't recall any success stories, just F ups that made it tougher for everyone else. When you are in a trick bag you need to depend on your battle buddy. It just doesn't work if you have to deal with some F-up rando on your flank. Stuff like that gets folks killed. When I signed up there was a draft and the service was sometimes used as a 'get out of jail' tactic. It didn't work too well. One of the best things that happened in my lifetime was the all volunteer military. It isn't perfect, but I don't want it tainted. As a civilian, I now work with careerists (we used to call them lifers) and "first term-rs" as well (aka the E-4 mafia). Lots of these young guys and gals are fresh from SW Asia, some are headed back. Their life has enough challenges without having to deal with the type of jerks that burn flags.

didn't think before I posted. definitely didn't intend to imply that defending our country was anything other than an honorable calling. you're right though, I wouldn't want to be around them either.

4.3LXJ
02-02-2017, 02:52 PM
I know what you meant Denver. Something like boot camp for screw ups. Had a cousin in law once that was a chronic criminal. Finally they put him in the Youth Conservation Corps here in CA. Basically it was hard labor every day clearing brush and fighting wild fires. Made him go straight. Didn't want any more of that, and very vocal about it