PDA

View Full Version : ClimateGate?

Mudderoy
11-24-2009, 03:22 PM
It appears that a hacker has broken into the computers at University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit. The hacker released 61 megabytes of data to the Internet. The data show a conspiracy to cover up the "lack" of global warming. Al Gore's inconvenient truth may be that he has to give back his awards, or have them changed to be "entertainment" awards.

If this information bears out as true, and it seems it is, there has been a massive cover up by prominent scientists for years.

:link: (http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100017393/climategate-the-final-nail-in-the-coffin-of-anthropogenic-global-warming/)

4.3LXJ
11-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Mud

One thing you have to take into consideration is that not all parts of the globe will become warmer. I think global warming was a bad choice of words. Unfortunately it is easier to say and spell then Global Climate Change.

One of the degrees I have is in Environmental Science. It has long been predicted that hot areas will get hotter and cold areas will be cooler and wetter. One of the problems with science is that it does not take the big picture into consideration well at all. For instance, the hole in the ozone at the South Pole. Some data said it is shrinking. Other data says it is expanding. Which is right. Taken in small chunks, both are right according to the data. But the sum of the whole says it is cyclic with the seasons. It is that way with global climate change also. There is a change in climate trends, and that is a fact. The polar ice cap is shrinking, and that is a fact. But if you live in the Pacific Northwest, it is wetter and cooler than it used to be, and that is a fact. Before we call it a liberal plot or a conspiracy, look at the big picture.

BlueXJ
11-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks, Muddy. I knew it all along!!!