PDA

View Full Version : Where to get weather stripping?

greenchevy
11-24-2009, 09:23 AM
MY wagoneer weatherstripping has seen its day. Does anyone know where i can get window run channels at? i went to the stealership and they wanted $500 for just the two front doors and two back doors. I know that i'm not the only one with this problem. I was looking at universal run channels but was unsure if they would work for the wagoneer(cherokee).

Mudderoy
11-24-2009, 09:27 AM
MY wagoneer weatherstripping has seen its day. Does anyone know where i can get window run channels at? i went to the stealership and they wanted $500 for just the two front doors and two back doors. I know that i'm not the only one with this problem. I was looking at universal run channels but was unsure if they would work for the wagoneer(cherokee).

OMG! Did you tell them that you're not buying for the US Government?!?!!?

I'd like to know a source for this as well.

pvt.Tadpol xj
11-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Maybe Quadratec . But their prices can be a little high. I was thinking about doing mine to.

xj4life2
11-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Crown automotive has it, both the outer door and the inner window the outer part number is a 55235636 and the inner is a 55005528/29 as for price about $35.00 per door thats from 84-96. If you need it let me know I am a Crown dealer.

Mudderoy
11-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Crown automotive has it, both the outer door and the inner window the outer part number is a 55235636 and the inner is a 55005528/29 as for price about $35.00 per door thats from 84-96. If you need it let me know I am a Crown dealer.

That's great to know! I've purchased several things from Crown. I'll hit you up my next part purchase!

greenchevy
11-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Do u have pics? So they are the window run channels not the window channels or whipes. I can't find run channels for a Cherokee just a wrangler. I looked on the website and i couldn't find the run channels.There isn't an outer or inner it's one piece

greenchevy
11-24-2009, 01:09 PM
I called the stealership and found that the Cherokee window run channels are interchangeable from 1984-1996. I called up my local pic a part and they told me $10 bucks per door. So how do i remove the Run Channels? Do the windows have to be removed or lowered? If so that can't happen since its at the junk yard.Any ideas?

xj4life2
11-24-2009, 02:20 PM
yes the windows must be down, I carry a jump pack with me to the yard so I have 12v available, but pwr/non power are the same so look for the non pwr windows. As for getting them out the only tip I can give is the forward side is part of the windwing frame and is one piece. The top and rear are one piece also. Good luck and $10.00 is a great price !!!

Mudderoy
11-24-2009, 02:28 PM
yes the windows must be down, I carry a jump pack with me to the yard so I have 12v available, but pwr/non power are the same so look for the non pwr windows. As for getting them out the only tip I can give is the forward side is part of the windwing frame and is one piece. The top and rear are one piece also. Good luck and $10.00 is a great price !!!

It's pretty easy to take the door panel off. They are all phillips head screws, then a flat blade screwdriver to pop out the plastic tabs. Then two bolts hold the metal plate to the window. Remove those bolts and the window slides down.

greenchevy
11-24-2009, 10:38 PM
What is a jump pack? Does the window have to come out?I'm going to try to take all the weather stripping off of each door if i find a decent 96 cherokee.For $10 bucks a complete door its a steal.