PDA

View Full Version : Bushwacker flat fender flares , JCR lower rear quarter armor

toledojeeper
05-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Installed some Bushwacker flat fender flares and so far really like them , install wasn't bad about 6 hours including a ride to get some bolts that were missing . Used a electric 3 inch cutoff wheel and it was perfect for the cutting , the only problem was rear lower quarters were rusted out and had no where to mount the lowest bolt on the fender flare retainers . I then ordered the JCR lower rear quarter armor to cover the rust and use them to mount the fender flare retainers . The armor is a pain in a$$ to install on the drivers side but lucky the quarter was rusted so bad I could get my hand in there from behind the fender . Then I had to trim some of the fender flare so it would mount against the armor which is very thick . But it was a fun project and looks good with the rust covered , I did put some good rust inhibitor on the quarters before mounting the armor .

cantab27
05-09-2016, 02:29 AM
look tidy mate ,,,,,nice

XJ Wheeler
05-10-2016, 07:58 PM
Looks nice! My brother runs this same setup and yes, it's tough making a combination of aftermarket pieces fit together!

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.