PDA

View Full Version : Emarrasing

BlueXJ
11-23-2009, 07:51 AM
A very shy guy goes into a bar and sees a beautiful woman sitting at the bar. After an hour of gathering up his courage he finally goes over to her and asks, tentatively, "Um, would you mind if I chatted with you for a while?"

She responds by yelling, at the top of her lungs, "No, I won't sleep with you tonight!" Everyone in the bar is now staring at them.

Naturally, the guy is hopelessly and completely embarrassed and he slinks back to his table.

After a few minutes, the woman walks over to him and apologizes. She smiles at him and says, "I'm sorry if I embarrassed you. You see, I'm a graduate student in psychology and I'm studying how people respond to embarrassing situations."

To which he responds, at the top of his lungs, "What do you mean, $200?"

Mudderoy
11-23-2009, 09:10 AM
I think I've told this story before, but...

While my wife and I were dating, we went to Chills to eat. She really enjoyed the "Chicken Crispers". Because I am goofy I call them "Crispy Critters".

I'm not sure why, but if I repeat something often enough to my lovely wife, she'll start calling things the same thing, not realizing that she is saying it wrong. Knowing this I mention in the car, prior to going into the restaurant "Are you going to get the Crispy Critters?" She said "Yes", with no correction of what I said. I had her!

Normally I order for her but this time when the waiter came up I just looked back at her as she paused for me to place the order.

She says, "Ummm, looking at the menu, I'll have the Crispy Critters."

The waiter, somewhat dumbfounded looks at her with a noticible question mark above his head. My wife looks at me in a mild panic, not understanding why the waiter is not writing down her order.

To her rescue, or so it seems to the waiter, I say, "I'm sorry she meant to say Chicken Crispers", at which point she realizes her mistake, looks very embarrassed and starts to laugh.

I look at the waiter square in the eyes and say "I'm sorry I just can't take her anywhere."

After a few moments, that I am sure seemed like a life time to my wife, the waiter starts to understand what is going on and begins to laugh. He takes my order and leaves.

Yes I did say this is when we were dating, and yet she still married me.

What I told her, and now you, I had to really concentrate when I was saying "Chicken Crispers", because "Crispy Critters" was on the tip of my tongue! :smiley-laughing021:

4.3LXJ
11-23-2009, 09:29 AM
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

We are the same way. It is so bad that when my talks to Hispanics, they just can't understand her. She doesn't even know she does it.

Melissa
11-23-2009, 04:04 PM
I've got one..............

While in high school, I used to go and get a milk shakes that had bits of sour patch kids candy in the shake making it slightly sour to the taste (very good). Well the last time I went in and order my shake I asked the guy working for my shake with power snatch, instead of sour patch..................so embarresed............never went back

4.3LXJ
11-24-2009, 09:17 AM

While in high school, I used to go and get a milk shakes that had bits of sour patch kids candy in the shake making it slightly sour to the taste (very good). Well the last time I went in and order my shake I asked the guy working for my shake with power snatch, instead of sour patch..................so embarresed............never went back

if that didn't start a rumor, nothing would!:shocker:

Mudderoy
11-24-2009, 09:19 AM

It could have been worse. You could have said "sour snatch". :headshake:

Mudderoy
11-24-2009, 09:20 AM
if that didn't start a rumor, nothing would!:shocker:

Hell she'd have more date requests than Monica Lewinski. :patriot:

BlueXJ
11-26-2009, 12:04 AM
My wife like quesadillas and I allways call then "case of dildos" So we were in a new Mexican restaurant and while looking at the menu I asked if she wanted her regular and she said yes and excused herself to go to the ladies room. When the waiter came I placed my order and then said the lady will have a case of dildos and a glass of sweet tea. He looked at me a little strange and then said with a perfectly straight face "They are pronounced quesadillas. And I was a bit slow to comprehend that I had used my slang for the dishes name until he walked away. I embarrased myself, which is hard to do.

4.3LXJ
11-26-2009, 10:14 AM
You were just at the wrong establishment for what you asked for that's all.

Melissa
11-26-2009, 12:08 PM
I sometimes fish with what is called crappie nibbles, and I have started calling them crappie nipples. So when someone askes me what I am using for bait, I tell them crappie nipples......................they always shake their heads and say fine, don't tell me what your using then :rotfl2: