PDA

View Full Version : Mini Burgers

Mudderoy
04-20-2009, 12:20 AM
I was once up in Anderson Indiana to install some computer equipment in one of our offices. I arrived late one night (well it was late by the time I drove from the airport to Anderson. Once there I was looking for something to eat and I saw a hamburger place I had never seen before, or heard of, WhiteCastle. I stopped in and seeing the size of the burgers ordered A LOT. I'm pretty sure the people that worked there laughed at me.

Anyway recently Burger King and Jack in the Box have been offering their mini burgers. I remembered my trip to Anderson, so I wanted to give these a try.

I tried the Burger King burgers a few weeks ago. Tasted like one cheap little burger, never buying them again.

Tonight I tried the Jack in the Box mini burgers. The bread was soft and flavorful. It had cheese and grilled onions. Even the meat had a great flavor to it. BOY THOSE THINGS WERE GOOD!

Melissa
04-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Ha Ha Ha, I just voted for other and it redirected me to your engine recooling thread. That was funny. I don't know if it was my computer, but made me laugh. Anyways I have never been to whitecastle so I can't vote for them. I don't get to eat much fast food as I live in the sticks, but when I do I always order a chicken sandwich, If I want beef, I just roam over to the freezer in my house a get some.

BlueXJ
04-20-2009, 10:29 AM
We had those White Castle burgers when I was growing up in the Washington, D.C. area. They were great tasting and I could eat about 10. I thought it was a regional chain and not in the midwest.

No matter how you vote it goes to his cooling site.

cheyennek5
04-20-2009, 07:14 PM
well down here in thuh sowth we call them thar little burgers sliders or gut bombs...only place we gots to gets em at is the local Krystal restaurant

BlueXJ
04-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Get a sackfull from Krystal as a meal and you won't get hungry very soon.

firehawk
04-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Ahh....White Castle's!!!!:drool: I wouldn't want to eat them all the time, and their motto is "Feed the Crave". When you are in the mood for White Castle, NOTHING even comes close! Everyone else are just wannabe's.:D

BlueXJ
04-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Ahh....White Castle's!!!!:drool: I wouldn't want to eat them all the time, and their motto is "Feed the Crave". When you are in the mood for White Castle, NOTHING even comes close! Everyone else are just wannabe's.:D

I have had both and I think WC comes out on top but Krystal is as close as anything I have ever eaten.

Melissa
04-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Thanks now I want to try whitecastle, where in the **** am I supposed to find one around where I live!!

BlueXJ
04-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Sorry you need to travel east to find any. Unless they are in your frozen food section of your grocers. Not as good but it gives you the idea anyway.

http://www.whitecastle.com/_pages/frozen_out.asp?frozen_state=Oregon

firehawk
04-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks now I want to try whitecastle, where in the **** am I supposed to find one around where I live!!

White Castle has a website. I found there are several stores that sell frozen White Castle hamebugers/cheeseburgers in Oregon.

Albertson's
Fred Meyer
Ray's
Safeway
Thriftway
Walgreens
Zupan's Markets

:driving:Go get 'ya some and "Feed The Crave" baby!:D

Mudderoy
04-21-2009, 04:38 PM
White Castle has a website. I found there are several stores that sell frozen White Castle hamebugers/cheeseburgers in Oregon.

Albertson's
Fred Meyer
Ray's
Safeway
Thriftway
Walgreens
Zupan's Markets

I have some most recently from Sam's Club. They are too expensive for what you get, we only bought them a couple of times.

xjjeepthing
04-21-2009, 06:15 PM
I loves me some Whitecastle sliders. YUMMY

Melissa
04-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Sorry you need to travel east to find any. Unless they are in your frozen food section of your grocers. Not as good but it gives you the idea anyway.

http://www.whitecastle.com/_pages/frozen_out.asp?frozen_state=Oregon

Albertson's
Fred Meyer
Ray's
Safeway
Thriftway
Walgreens
Zupan's Markets

I have some most recently from Sam's Club. They are too expensive for what you get, we only bought them a couple of times.

Even if they are expensive I now have got to try them, thanks guys I'm now on the hunt. :smiley-scared002:

muddeprived
04-23-2009, 07:59 PM
How come there's no option for fur burgers???? You can't beat those.

:drool:

firehawk
04-23-2009, 08:28 PM

Sure there is....you can "get" them unshaven, or shaven.:thumbsup:

Of course if you order them shaven, I guess there really not fur burgers are they?: Mummmm... I luv 'em! Hubba hubba!!!:p

Mudderoy
04-23-2009, 08:31 PM

Son if there's fur in your burger send it back, it wasn't prepared properly. :tongueroll:

firehawk
04-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Son if there's fur in your burger send it back, it wasn't prepared properly. :tongueroll:

Uh....should I..... ok I will.:rolleyes: This is SO juvenile.

"Natures dental floss".:drool:

Melissa
04-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Okay, I take back that I said you all were kind of a little "Off", You all are way way beyond "Off" :rotfl2:

pLEXX
04-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Well down south theres no WC. But when I was in michigan with my dads part of fmaily thats all thats there they fckin rock

BlueXJ
04-24-2009, 12:05 AM

The unshaven ones are alright (taste like chicken) but the shaven ones taste just like clams. Yummy:eek:

2000XJ
04-24-2009, 12:19 AM
T.G.I.Friday's has mini burgers too, the "sliders", they're probably my favorite at the moment.

Melissa
04-24-2009, 01:12 AM
T.G.I.Friday's has mini burgers too, the "sliders", they're probably my favorite at the moment.

I had forgotten about T.G.I.Fridays, I do have one of those around here and have seen the ads for their sliders. Also there is an Applebee's that has those mini burgers, actually both those restaurants are over two hours away but might have to try them after I find the frozen White Castle burgers and compare.
:popcorn:

Melissa
05-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Well it took some searching but look what I found

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/melreese83/misc%20pictures/HPIM0582.jpg

I did try them, and thought they were alright (I ate the whole box already!)

So now I'm going to try the other mini burgers to see who is the best

Mudderoy
05-23-2009, 03:55 AM
They are ok, but not as good as fresh, or the Jack in the Box ones.

BTW, I went to Jack's place the other day (drive thru). I ordered 3 orders of the mini sirloin burgers with bacon, and 1 order regular. (Yes I was hungry).

I get home and none of them had bacon, and one of them were PLAIN, as in meat bread and ketchup!

Boy was I pissed. Besides I was hungry when I left to go get the food. Even though I'm in a throw people around mood, I understand it is a mistake and it is bound to happen eventually to everyone.

I guess my "attitude" wasn't as calm as I thought. I asked to speak with the manager. She was the same person that took my order. I'm a little over 6' and about 270 lbs. Fat yes, but still a little muscle showing. She was maybe 5' and 100 pounds. I could tell she was nervous, so I did my best to speak rationally but firmly. It seems the cook was the issue. I know this because she screwed up the new order as well! Plus she disappeared in the back and I didn't see her again while I was standing there.

Anyway I got my original order, plus the correct order, plus a large curly fry.

Everyone had burgers, and we still had a complete order left over.

mmmmm free mini burgers :drool:

Melissa
05-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Nothing taste better to me when you can get it for free!!

ol"blue
05-24-2009, 11:55 AM
You can't beat a sack of Krystal's when you're traveling or just in a munchie mood.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s38/dazzleemnow/H9R0F6CAY2EQDOCASJ6T5KCAQDPCSACABUA.jpg

kennzz05
05-29-2009, 10:21 PM
We had those White Castle burgers when I was growing up in the Washington, D.C. area. They were great tasting and I could eat about 10. I thought it was a regional chain and not in the midwest.

No matter how you vote it goes to his cooling site.

you sure you dont mean litte tavern? used to be one in collage park and another in laurel both on rt. 1

BlueXJ
05-29-2009, 10:32 PM
you sure you dont mean litte tavern? used to be one in collage park and another in laurel both on rt. 1

No there was one at the Florida Ave Market when I was a kid and another by the Anacostia bridge. There was a third on S Capitol street just before reaching the Md line at Eastover.

kennzz05
05-29-2009, 11:31 PM
damn you must be ancient (lol kidding) i lived therefor 35 yrs and dont remember them, well truthfully i lived in the burbs (bowie) but worked in dc for like 15 yrs from around 1990 on

i knowyou know bens chili bowl! damn good half smokes, most people dont even know what a half smoke is

Melissa
05-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Okay I'm one of them, whats a half smoke??

kennzz05
05-29-2009, 11:56 PM
best i could say is kinda half kilbasa half kosher hot dog thats how it tastes and its hot dog shaped it has a skin so when you bite into it it kinda pops a little somewhat like kilbasa. there best grilled

Melissa
05-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Oh, now that sounds good!!